jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should married Christians wear wedding rings?

1. youcanwin profile image78
    youcanwinposted 4 years ago

Should married Christians wear wedding rings?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure why it would be a "should."  I am a married Christian - 43 years. I do not wear a wedding ring. I know I am married, and so does my husband. I think it is a personal choice.

3. prettynutjob30 profile image91
    prettynutjob30posted 4 years ago

I think it is a personal choice, I wear mine if I go out but most the time I don't because I am constantly doing something that would require me to take it off.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Rings are optional. Most people (choose) to wear them out of tradition.
    Whether one wears a ring or not says nothing about how committed they are to their spouse. Quite a few people are wearing rings and ignoring their vows daily.

5. brianrock profile image87
    brianrockposted 4 years ago

Well that seems like a strange question...

I always wear my wedding band. I take it off when I shower and when I'm doing something especially dirty (working on my car, painting the house), but otherwise it's on my ring finger.

My wife takes hers off a little more often, but I suspect it has to do with the fact that an engagement ring (not a wedding band) has a bit more bulk to it due to the diamond. But she still wears it more or less whenever she's out of the house.

What's the argument against wearing a wedding ring? It just seems like a normal, acceptable tradition to me.

working