jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever been punished or blamed by someone for something you don't even ha

1. Kevin Peter profile image70
    Kevin Peterposted 4 years ago

Have you ever been punished or blamed by someone for something you don't even have any knowledge of?

Please share your experiences.

2. profile image0
    delleaposted 4 years ago

When I was a teen I used to get into trouble in school sometimes. After a while some teachers and staff would assume that I did things I didn't do. I found that many times it was guilt by association and i stopped hanging out with so-called friends who were in trouble all the time. Problem solved.

3. honda-stream profile image59
    honda-streamposted 4 years ago

Being a younger sibling I occasionally got blamed for everything my sister wrecked. I know it was nothing personal but people never like to admit to their own mistakes, most find it much easier to try and pass the blame on to someone else. Solution, keep on smiling and don't get upset, getting upset is a sure fire way to make people think you actually did do it.

4. maggs224 profile image83
    maggs224posted 4 years ago

Yes I have and because I was stupid I let this incident screw me up for a number of years, and I do mean really screwed me up.

I was so offended by being wrongly accused and the fact that no matter what I said it made no difference they still thought that I did it.

The stupid thing is it was a trivial childish thing and the punishment was also no big deal, but the consequences that my becoming offended had on my life lasted over twenty years until I was finally set free from it. I wrote a hub about this experience

working