jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you compromise your happiness for the success of the relationship?

1. jabelufiroz profile image70
    jabelufirozposted 4 years ago

Would you compromise your happiness for the success of the relationship?

2. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
    Zubair Ahmedposted 4 years ago

It depends on what is at stake and how long I have been in that relationship.
    E.g. If I had kids and had been in a relationship for many a decade then yes I would put happiness second place to keeping my relationship.  On the other hand if I was going out with someone for 6 months, 1 year etc, and found my self unhappy with that person then I'd break the relationship after discussions with person involved.

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

I don't think a successful relationship can be so, if one is unhappy.
    Both partners need to compromise a little but not at the expense of one's contentment.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

If you are unhappy the relationship is not successful.
    We tend to gage whether or not something is "successful"  by how (happy) we are with the results.

5. EJ Lambert profile image73
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

From personal experience, absolutely not.  "Success" in a relationship is not based on two people managing to stay together.  It is two people coming together and making each other happy.  Clinging to the hope of things getting better after months or years of them not is a delusion.  Life is short and it isn't worth living in constant misery just because you might be afraid to be alone for a period of time.

working