Why same-sex marriage. Isn't that just a friendship with benefits

1. RealityTalk profile image60
    RealityTalkposted 4 years ago

Why same-sex marriage.  Isn't that just a friendship with benefits

I am not judging anyone.  I believe right & wrong are merely relative terms to one's philosophy.  But marriage is about male & female having children identified with & belonging to them.  Same-sex marriage is a friendship with sexual benefits.  Two people interested in having same-sex interactions with each other.  To have children, same-sex couples must request egg or seed from the opposite sex or adopt the product of heterosexual intercourse.  Same-sex couples must always borrow to have a family. So why call it a marriage?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8235090_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Interesting statement: "marriage is about male & female having children identified with & belonging to them".
    Are you saying people who don't want children should not get married? I personally had a vasectomy before I got married,  Some people get married in their late 50s and beyond without having children.
    Many people have children and NEVER get married. Both straight and gay couples have been known to adopt children. I don't think wanting to (conceive) or have children should be a prerequisite for getting married to the person you love. 
    As a straight man I could care less about who marries whom. (It's not illegal to be gay or lesbian). However it is against the law to discriminate against someone because of their race, nationality, religion, and sexual preference in all matters of business.
    How can we turn around and say it's okay to discriminate when it comes to the marriage of two legally consenting adults? Especially in a country that espouses "separation of church and state".

1. RealityTalk profile image60
      RealityTalkposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I did not say anything about who should not get married.  What I said was why marriage was invented in the first place.  What its intended purpose was.  You can redefine "Stop" to mean "slow or go," but it was created to mean "to cease movement."

Closed to reply

working