Are you in a bad relationship? Have you been in one? How does/did it affect your

1. Relationshipc profile image87
    Relationshipcposted 4 years ago

Are you in a bad relationship? Have you been in one? How does/did it affect your life?

Unhealthy relationships are said to affect us negatively in many different ways, including causing us to heal slower and increasing risk of heart disease.

I want to hear it straight from the source. If you feel you are in a bad relationship, or have been in a bad relationship, please share how it affects or affected your life in a negative way.

How would you say it affects/affected your physical or mental health? Do you have examples? Does/Did it affect you spiritually?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I was in a relationship before that truly devastated my entire well being.   I felt exasperated, unhealthy, and not happy.  I was married to this person.  He was great at manipulation and deceit. 

By the time we were divorced, I didn't recognize him at all.  He had shown his true colors.  He's a completely different person now.  If you stood us both in a room years ago and compared us to now, you wouldn't believe the changes that took place in him physically as well as mentally.

He used to stifle my creativity.  He would forbid me to watch tv shows such as Oprah.  Anytime I attempted to do something on my own, he would tear it down (whether it was trying to do crafts or volunteering somewhere).  He didn't want me to do anything but yet screamed at me for not doing more.  He was very mentally abusive.

The final straw was when he decided he wanted me out of the house and did anything he could to get me out.  He picked a fight with me and then called the police.  (I was amazed to learn afterward that many abusive men do this.  It's sick.)

Fortunately for me, the police saw through the BS.  However, it was a real eye opener and one I used as an opportunity to escape.  I got a divorce.

At the time, it stripped me of my sense of dignity.  He humiliated me.  He stifled me.  It caused me to become very hardened of the heart.  But it drew me closer to prayer.

Today, I'm stronger from the experience.  I no longer allow people to use me, hurt me or treat me like that.  At the first glimpse of it, I walk away.  I've become a more intuitive person.  While he tried to strip everything out of my life, in the end, he only ended up hurting himself.

1. Relationshipc profile image87
      Relationshipcposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing Crafty. I'm glad that you got out and learned from it and became more intuitive.

working