jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How do I ask if You Qualify for a Senior Discount on Seniors Day?

1. suzzycue profile image92
    suzzycueposted 4 years ago

How do I ask if You Qualify for a Senior Discount on Seniors Day?

People get really upset if I ask them if they qualify for todays discount, when I say it is Seniors day and they have to be 60 years old to get it. Yes, I work in a store as a cashier and can't seem to find a solution to this problem. I have even just give the discount to some women and they ask why they got the discount.  When I say, because it is seniors day, They get out of control, they are not sixty. I don't mean to upset anyone I just want to save them money. Does someone have help for me on this issue. This does not concern men they are happy to get money bac k and laugh.

2. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Maybe you can try casual conversation about how food is going up and it's hard to save money these days. You could go on to say that, "I'm glad our store can offer discounts on Senior Day, but you don't look like you're anywhere near qualifying!" See if they will bite after the compliment. :-)
    Women do have more issues with revealing their age than men but I think is also has to do with pride and not wanting any help. Seniors want to remain independent and don't want handouts. I went through that with my Dad.

1. suzzycue profile image92
      suzzycueposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What an awesome idea. Thanks a lot janshares you have just saved me a lot of grief of thursdays.

2. janshares profile image96
      jansharesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You're very welcome, suzzycue, thank you!

working