jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your best plan to get rid of toxic people?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

What is your best plan to get rid of toxic people?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I wish I knew the answer to this.  I try to avoid negativity and drama, but sometimes I can't escape it.  There is a particular person in my life who just won't quit.  She is like a vacuum and sucks the life right out of me.  The harder I try to avoid her, the more she comes around.  Nothing I have said or done has worked to get her to understand I'm not interested in her nonsense. 

So for now, the only thing I can do to make my life easier is to let everything she says go in one ear and out the other.  And forgive everything she says and does.  It's the only way I keep myself from becoming miserable.  Misery loves company.

3. NornsMercy profile image61
    NornsMercyposted 4 years ago

Cease all contact. They take it for granted that you'll always have pity on them and exploit it. They think others don't have the courage to live without them. There is no reasoning with toxic people and they never change.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Each of us gets to choose our own friends, lovers, and spouse. We also get to choose who we spend our free time with.
    One of the reasons people have a difficult time cutting toxic people out of their life is because they (feel) obligated to maintain a semblance of a relationship with them. They worry about what others will think or say if they pull away.  They feel guilty.
    The bottom line is each of us is responsible for our own happiness. If being around someone upsets us and yet we (choose) to continue to be around them then (we) are (choosing) to be upset.

5. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Get rid of toxic people  by avoidance. Don't meet up with them or invite them to your place. Make new friends. Toxic people can make you feel drained  stay away.