jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

How can you believe in him when he often goes back on his word?

1. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 4 years ago

How can you believe in  him when he  often goes back on his word?

He often agrees on a decision and changes it after a while and  believing in his word is not worth it anymore. Should one stop believing this person?

2. sallybea profile image99
    sallybeaposted 4 years ago

DDE it is hard to have faith in someone who constantly disappoints one.  I am afraid I would stop believing in him.

1. DDE profile image23
      DDEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you  and it can be frustrating to  keep on believing

3. savvydating profile image95
    savvydatingposted 4 years ago

I'm afraid so. In trying to determine someone's character, it is always important to look at their behavior patterns. If his pattern is the same, then you know his character. My point is that people do not change all that much. If you cannot trust him now, you will not be able to trust him 10 or 20 years from now. I would not believe this person anymore.

1. DDE profile image23

You made good points thank you

4. profile image0
    Copper Manposted 4 years ago

To continue a relationship with such a person, one probably should avoid situations involving dual decision-making. Decide for yourself what is best and proceed without input from another.

1. DDE profile image23

Thank you for answering  and well thought of involving dual decision-making.

5. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

If you can't trust what someone tells you it makes no sense to spend time with them or believe anything they tell you. At some point you have only yourself to blame for falling for the same thing over and over again. It's unrealistic to (expect) people to change.

1. DDE profile image23

Trust is important thank you for answering

6. grand old lady profile image87
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

If he has a pattern of not keeping his promises, you are better off without him. It's better not to promise than to make a promise you won't be able to keep. I know of women who say men cry and apologize, etc. etc. so they still believe in them but then the guy breaks another promise when they get back together again. You can save valuable time by letting this guy go and finding someone who stands by his word.

1. DDE profile image23
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Your answer got me thinking more about such kind of people and so helpful too. Thank you.

working