jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Why do men claim they do not *get* a woman's love of shoes?

1. MsHistoryBook profile image61
    MsHistoryBookposted 3 years ago

Why do men claim they do not *get* a woman's love of shoes?

Shoes as art; this is the simplest way to address this topic with a man.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I imagine it's the same reason why some women do not "get" a man's love of sports!
    The best way for men and women to get along is to learn to (accept) there are gender differences beyond the physical.
    More often than not problems arise when one expects the other to think and behave the way they do.
    Not many people are walking around saying; "I'm looking for someone to change me!" The vast majority of us want to be loved and accepted for who (we) are. It should not be a requirement to have passion for all the same things in life.
    Having passion for one another is the most important thing!

MsHistoryBookposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Great points @ dashing: however; I believe for certain men it comes down to how & what women spend money--as in *another pIr of shoes*!? Why not a new CD! Laugh :-)

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You make an excellent point regarding money. If a couple has joint accounts it's got to bug either of them to see money "wasted" in their opinion. However if they keep their finances separate or don't live together it doesn't matter that much. :-)

3. koconutzzz profile image60
    koconutzzzposted 3 years ago

maybe you just got the wrong "men". because i understand. and enjoy seeing them model in just shoes for me =]

I think you might be on to something!

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 3 years ago

Because it's truly not that simple for everyone smile. Everyone has their own hobbies and interests, and certainly their own tastes in art and fashion. I'm afraid that I am one of those rare women who doesn't "get" the love of shoes, so I can certainly see why most men don't either. I'm not big on fashion in any sense, so I don't understand the preoccupation with clothing, makeup, hairstyles or shopping either. But then, I'm fanatically obsessed with beads, so as long as I think, "Shoes are her beads," then I can understand why shoe-loving women love what they do. No doubt that the bead obsession escapes most people too.

Very true. Our choices *are* personal. However, *thinking outside the mailbox* & the microcosm of *self* brings me to the idea that beauty, fashion, et al...has been part of human history from the beginning of time.

5. profile image0
    Dave36posted 3 years ago

If you want to confuse a woman, give her sexy high heeled shoes made from chocolate!lol

working