jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)

What's the best excuse to get out of attending a wedding?

1. sangre profile image94
    sangreposted 3 years ago

What's the best excuse to get out of attending a wedding?

2. profile image53
    Satan is a Twatposted 3 years ago

Tell them the truth in a polite and respectful manner or if you don't really have a "good" reason then just courteously let them know you won't be attending.

sangreposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi Satan is a Twat, good point. I wasn't expecting it and didn't really want to go anyway.

3. Baby-Boomer-58 profile image88
    Baby-Boomer-58posted 3 years ago

There's a very good chance they won't mind what your excuse is. You'll be saving them money on catering. smile

good point Baby-Boomer-58 smile

4. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Why do you need an excuse? Just say "Sorry, I can't make it." There, that was easy.

hi FatFreddyscat, Some people are pushy and you need to give an excuse or they won't leave you alone.

5. vMarie profile image61
    vMarieposted 3 years ago

The stomach flu. And you are contagious.

Always a good one.

6. grand old lady profile image85
    grand old ladyposted 3 years ago

You can attend the church service, greet the person who invited you, then say you can't make it for the reception. If you have personal reasons for preferring to skip the wedding, you need not explain yourself, just say you can't make it. However, be ready for people to gossip and muse over your absence. If you want to put a stopper on gossip, you can go but be ready for unwelcome innuendo. Every minute there will be like pulling teeth. If I were you, I wouldn't care what people think, and do what I'm comfortable  doing. People who really know you are the ones whose opinion really matter, anyway.

hi grand old lady, thanks, I appreciate that and I think your totally right. smile

7. Josh Makaveli profile image36
    Josh Makaveliposted 3 years ago

we can say them that we want to go to another wedding

Hi Josh Makaveli, good excuse and could be true.

2. Josh Makaveli profile image36
      Josh Makaveliposted 3 years agoin reply to this

you are welcome dear smile

8. deecoleworld profile image82
    deecoleworldposted 3 years ago

You had sex with the priest lol jk wink ............. or you can tell the truth. But the first answer seems more appropriate

hi deecoleworld, that could work. smile

2. deecoleworld profile image82
      deecoleworldposted 3 years agoin reply to this

hahaha wink

9. kabugalewis profile image60
    kabugalewisposted 3 years ago

The only viable excuse would or probably should be "I'm sorry, but I'm too depressed to be around happy people at the moment otherwise I might accidentally end up killing myself" I tried it and it worked brilliantly but during that week I got a few more visitors feeling sorry for me and ransacking my home of all my knives and stuff than I would have liked.

hi kabugalewis, a bit extreme, but people obviously were worried and heard what you said.

10. stclairjack profile image83
    stclairjackposted 3 years ago

i cant attend because you KNOW i'll be the one in the back pew making book and giving odds on how long you two will last,... so instead i'll just stay away and save you the awkward moment,... K?

im sorry but you must have forgotten my severe allergic reaction to weddings and marriage in general?… im going to have to stop at the bar and grab a preemptive beer now,.. Thanks.

So its Saturday the 23rd?… (3 months away in January)… yea,… um,… that’s the day I have set aside to mow my yard,… sorry,… if it was anything but that,… K?

Did you forget the restraining order my ex still has on me?…. I mean if you wana marry him that’s fine but I just cant be there,… K?… unless you get married in a sports arena that seats me at least 300 ft away from the alter,… K?… so if you can seat me 300 feet from the alter and VERY close to the open bar,.. I’m all over it,… K?,… no?…. didn’t think so.

Hi stclairjack,  there're some great excuses there. smile Love the last one, priceless.

working