Excuse my naïveté

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (56 posts)
  1. teendad profile image61
    teendadposted 14 years ago

I joined HubPages about a month ago, and while I have read many good hubs, I don't really understand the enormous number of hubs that feature pictures of women from India in various states of dress and undress. Do a large number of HP readers really take an interest in such pictures?

People who produce these hubs join the fanclubs of numerous other users and leave such well-written fanmail as, "So good, your Hubs!", but I assume they do it just for self-promotion. I must, however, admit that many of their picture hubs have very high scores.

Just curious if anyone has any insight.

1. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

As far as I can see, they're just plain silly.  They affect me sort of like beer cans in the ditch along the highway--clutter up the landscape, mildly irritating, and a sign of impaired judgement and bad taste. 

'Course, Indian ladies, even the loveliest, have never been my cup of tea, so who am I to judge? lol

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well all i can say re: those hubs is personally i don't find them interesting and i feel they are even sort of spammy, but they certainly have the right to hub about whatever they want to. i have said that i always fan back anyone who fans me but in the case of those i make an exception because they never say why they fan me they just fan me and their profiles are empty for the most part.

3. Lady_E profile image63
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't say a large number of HP readers, but definitely a huge number of readers out there (fan base). On checking, Hubpages Directory, these Pictures are actually in the Popular listings and get thousands of clicks. I guess every Hub has its market that it appeals to.

1. profile image0
        Maximus591posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Look, they're girls. They are attractive girls. They are attractive girls in various states of undress and photogenic poses.

Girls sell.

A hub on how to bake the perfect souffle, irrespective of how well it's written and irrespective of how many comments it has, doesn't sell.

1. Lady_E profile image63
          Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

.... which is what I am implied above - it gets lots of clicks.

Everything okay?

Good.

2. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

teendad--many a hubber has spoken those words. Yeah,most of us notice their lacking hubs and their famming sprees and see them as a nuiscance. And yeah, they are a point of contention among hubbers. Some think they are harmless, others think they are just the opposite.

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Uh-oh, here we go again... sad

1. Colebabie profile image59
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What's up?

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not much. Burnt my finger trying to fix the iron my wife have dropped. Let her pee on it. And now gonna sleep shortly smile

1. Colebabie profile image59
          Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds... interesting. Why urine?
          I meant with the forum too, why "Here we go again?"

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL Its a natural remedy for minor burns. Ammonia may be? IDK, but it works. smile

As for the forums - I thought you were here long enough to remember at least a couple of long threads on the same topic smile

5. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Haha. I think there is ammonia in urine after it sits. But try a paste made from baking soda and water.

I don't remember those threads, but I'm sure they were here.

Have a good night smile

6. teendad profile image61

I apologize for bringing up a subject too often discussed. After accidentally following a link to a hub featuring at least 40 pictures of plus-sized housewives from India, I started wondering if some people really had a fetish for that sort of thing. I'm glad to know others are annoyed, as well.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm annoyed at you!If someone likes that kind of women,what's that with you. Don't look ! everybody is free to hub whatever they want. what if I don't like your hubs ?! yikes
      and your 'naivete' is forgiven , I'm sure by these indian hubbers.

23 hubs and almost no comments. that's saying something, don't you think? big_smile

7. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I think it is just saying that the guy has not been discovered by the community yet smile

I prefer not to discover people like this.

2. torimari profile image68
      torimariposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree!

And,  I agree with the OP about how many hubs of this content exist--really a waste of space for hubpages amid all the articles. It's not a public, photo gallery site. Spam it on flickr...

You're free to write what hubs you like best. If you don't like them don't read them. And they get a lot of clicks too, lots of traffic. I made a couple under another pen name and they're doing quite good. Wether you like it or not. By the way, I hate discrimination ! smile

1. THE LIP profile image60
          THE LIPposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Say what is there to read in such hubs anyway?Maybe what you actually meant was if you don't like these kind of hubs then don't see them...With 40 pictures and nothing else...not even captions what will anyone read in these hubs unless you want them to read anyway? between the lines,huh?!!!

I'm not talking only of thesekinfd of hubs. I'm talking of whatever hub you don't like.
            I don't like your hubs, so I don't read them big_smile

3. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awww Misha what a sweet thing to say! No wonder I enjoy reading your hubs! Written as they are by a genuinely kind soul, don't ever change!

lol

8. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I can't believe the crystal clear hatred there is in hubpages for indian women hubs ! amazing !

1. profile image0

People are free to discriminate against anything of their choosing, it's a free world.

So, if someone doesn't like Indian people, that's fine.

If some doesn't like fat people, that's fine too.

And if someone doesn't like fat, indian people... then... well, you get the picture.

By discriminating against someone who discriminates (In your mind) then you too become a discriminator. Acknowledge your own behaviour before you highlight the behaviour of another.

People are free to discriminate, but it's very rude to say it out loud. If I think you have a foolish face ,and that you write like a nerd would, would you like me to say it ?
        Maybe I will next time big_smile

1. profile image0

It's not rude in the least. We live in a tough world my dear.

And yes, maybe i do have a goofy face, but the key here is, are you asking me to care what you think about me?

Since you seem a little bereft of intellect it would be genuinely hard for me to care. But I will try, I really will. I will even try my very hardest to care, if it will make you feel better.

ho ho ho.

lol lol lol You're not  important in the least!. Feel free to think whatever. Thank you for making me laugh with your foolish remarks ! lol lol lol

9. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

How do the Indian women in the Hubs feel about it? Do we know for sure it's their choice?

For that matter then,how do hollywood stars, singers, rock bands,models, callgirls, writers, etc., feel about being featured on hubs ?

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Tanrum! I meant are they posing because thats what they choose or are they being forced to do it. If you take off you clothes under you own free will and let someone film you, you get what you get. If you're threated or financilly blackmailed thats a different can of jellybeans all together.

Get real ! that kind of people are all over your U.S of A as well. Why go as far as India to talk about it. Just turn the corner and you'll find them there.

1. profile image0
            sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

10. tantrum profile image61

If this is not a free site I want hubpages to tell me ! I thought it was ! And as long no one is complaining about being on a hub, what's your problem ?

1. THE LIP profile image60
      THE LIPposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Would ur other name possibly be Shinu John 2008 by any chance?

No that's not me.

11. Helen Cater profile image59
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

They are not my taste and they do not annoy me as I only look at hubs I am interested in. They must do very well as people would not spend time creating these niches. Freedom of speach in all things and people is a great part of the hub community. Hell I might try some myself if it earns a few bucks lol.

At last a sensible person smile hi helen !

1. Helen Cater profile image59
        Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi there tantrum it's nice to see you live up to your name and also good that you are giving everyone a voice as hubpages can be a lonely place for the non conformists.

I do what I can. Not much ,as people tend to discriminate. not only here. Everywhere sad

2. frogdropping profile image77
          frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A nonconformist eh tantrum? What shapes can you bend into? I'm curious. Pics please big_smile

If you send me enough I will create a picture hub especially for you, featuring you - in weird and wonderful positions.

*wanders off. loves formist types*

I've been featured in weird and wonderful positions a lot. So I don't need your hub. thanks !

12. tantrum profile image61

@thelip
    I'm not talking only of thesekinfd of hubs. I'm talking of whatever hub you don't like.
    I don't like your hubs, so I don't read them big_smile

and that in case you don't notice ,it's a joke, specially for you lol

13. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

If these sorts of hubs actually do well maybe I should do a sexy cartoon hub! That is one I would think about looking at! MMmmmm Jessica Rabbit! ooo oo Betty Boop! big_smile smile)

14. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

"Check out the below hubs for variety of indian beauty at their natural best. Most of the beauties are non actress, simple housewife women at their casual pose."

"I see in hubdirectory that who write about this topic he get many adsense clicks?Is it true?"

Oh, yes we need much more of this!!
    Never Mind the Quality Feel the Width.

In a free site quality and non quality should live happily together. Not everyone is a Miller or a Whitman.If you want quality I'm sure you know which hubbers you can read. If you want to see indian women,you look at these hubs. I can't see any problem in that.

15. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

For me it's a question of balance. Yes it is a free site, and so people can "publish" whatever they like within the guidelines.
    BUT if it gets to the stage where there is a mass of hubs containing photos of Indian women or English not worthy of a five year old, then things are out of balance, and sadly this is increasingly the case.
    Quality is important.
    This is a site for people who like to write, and who can enhance their hubs with other media such as photos, videos.
    This is not a site for people who like to take photographs and who can enhance their photos with the odd sentence in pigeon English.

- duz yew ged de piktur?

1. profile image0

But if you were a genuinely talented writer you would not be writing here! Some people do have a grand sense of their own importance as writers within these pages. It's quite sad.

Face it, most here are 'wannabees'... nothing wrong with that. But please have a sense of your own limitations before you take a critical stance against someone, who chooses not to write, yet uses the service for it's principle aim to make money.

To my mind, there is little difference between a wannabee and someone who just cuts to chase and goes in pursuit of the moolah.

1. sannyasinman profile image60
        sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You may not have noticed, but I was careful to avoid the term "writer". using "people who like to write" instead, and I put myself in this catagory. Please do not project your personal aspirations (or sadness) onto me.

And in my opinion, there is a great difference between someone who makes a genuine effort to write something of quality (even if he does not always succeed) and someone who will churn out masses and masses of rubbish in the hope of making some money.

In your short time here (5 days?) you are not really in a position to comment on who writes here and why. It will become clear to you when you have read more hubs, that many people who write here are neither wannabees, nor after the quick buck, and also that there are a lot of people who do care about the quality of the content on the site.

1. profile image0

If what you say is true, then it would be interesting to conduct a poll to establish the true motives of why people write. I'm sure you would have many followers camped on your side of the fence. But would you have the majority? Doubtful.

This is a thorny issue, because many wannabees wouldn't openly admit they are writing for cash. They take the moral high ground. "I just love to write, I have a passion for it, I dont' care if I make any money yadda yadda yadda"... yet behind this public persona, they secretly harbour the idea that making money is good. It pains them to publicly admit it, but it's the truth nonetheless.

If writing was truly a hobby. Then why be here? There is a myriad of places on the net where the aspiring wannabee writer can give free reign to their hobby.

Here's a suppositon for you :

Hub pages decided to stop all monetary payments overnight. People could no longer make any money. How many people would leave? 10% perhaps? By your reckoning, the figure would surely be small, since most are here because they have a passion for writing. But, I think you'll find the true figure to be in the  60-70% region.

16. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I find a lot of them sleasy and I don't like the type of people they attract(we have all seen the questions and threads).

It bothers me more that they don't have the right to use those photographs. Just because a photograph appears on Facebook or on a web page does not mean you can publish it all over the internet.

That being said, they have every right to exist and I ignore them.

That's a sensible thing to do. Meanwhile, thanks to this thread and all the responses I got against my opinion, and the few on behalf, they're getting a lot more traffic.
      Curiosity kills the cat. lol

17. teendad profile image61

Wow, I didn't think this would get so many replies. I was curious to see if anyone agreed with me, and now I can see that people have opinions on both sides of this issue.

Despite the feelings of the individual who loves to overuse smileys, I still reserve the right to be annoyed when someone writes a question like:

Hot Bollywood Ladies in Panties

and then obviously switches profiles to answer his or her own question:

So good my hub on Bollywood Ladies Panties - http://hubpages.com/...

I know, however, that someone will tell me lots of people answer their own questions, and I shouldn't pick on those without a wonderful command of the English language. Anyway, thanks for the rousing discourse.

If you notice spamming in the forum, you should report it ,instead of opening a thread telling us how disgusting you find hubs with indiam women. Not all of them are spam !
      You have the report bottom right here big_smile lol tongue hmm sad  sad big_smile big_smile lol
      Yes ! I love smilies!!! big_smile

18. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I don't pay any mind to them.  They are like any other subject I am not interested in - I just don't go look & see.  Waste of my time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)