jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

What's the excuse you find yourself using the most?

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 13 months ago

What's the excuse you find yourself using the most?

Excuses stop you from having what you want. Is it working for you?

2. Paxash profile image98
    Paxashposted 13 months ago

"I forgot," "I'm too tired," and "I feel really crappy right now" are usually the excuses I find myself using.

Though admittedly, I'm not sure they count as excuses when they're all true and all very limiting as far as what I can do throughout the day. (Chronic illness sucks.)

threekeysposted 13 months agoin reply to this

No they are reasons.
      Hope today is bit better for you.

3. cheaptrick profile image72
    cheaptrickposted 13 months ago

I use the nihilists excuse for everything "It wont matter in the end anyway because this is All just an Illusion"~Nihilism unbound~

I wish I could get my mind around the concept that "everything is an illusion".

4. fpherj48 profile image74
    fpherj48posted 13 months ago

3keys...Excuses for what?!  "Excuses" for not saying, doing, feeling, hearing, going, having, loving, hating. marrying, working, being, giving, taking????????   Vague questions do not often yield the substantial, informational responses you might like to get.
    And your statement:  "Excuses stop you from having what you want...."  If someone sincerely wants something and they have even half a brain, a bit of motivation, some talent & 2 cents, they will have NO excuses for not attempting to reach a goal.
    If they give excuses, there's a hidden agenda, or they're full of hot air and really don't want something at all.  I'm not one for inventing "excuses," giving them, nor accepting them from others.
    On the other hand,the same individuals who give lame excuses for not having what they want, damned sure better realize their failure is their own fault, nothing more, nothing less.  Keep on making your foolish excuses & you'll remain stagnant & unsuccessful, while the doers and go-getters leave you behind in the dust.

1. Ericdierker profile image58
      Ericdierkerposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Very interesting. I wonder if there is a valid excuse for absolutely putting no effort into saying something that is not full blown antagonistic. The excuse to be mean spirited because "that is just the way I am". Or because others are stupid.

2. threekeys profile image80

Eric you are intetesting to me. I dont understand how your prespectives. Your perspectives can be left field to me. You can leave me scratching my head.

5. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 13 months ago

I "am not after information" as you put it, Paula. I just wanted to open up a connection/ communication in getting to know others outside of religion and politics.
    I have "a reason" or "excuse" as one may put it. I have been told by society (and began to believe it) that the "excuse/reason" I have to the root to most of my real or perceived blocks or limitations is the lack of a certain resource.
    I guess we choose or are rerouted by srtendiptious circumstances to find/ brand our own style of happiness which may or may not conform to current society's expectations or rules. And that is okay or needs to be made ok.
    My brand of happiness doesnt conform and if I want peace of mind, I have to make it okay (by me).

1. fpherj48 profile image74
      fpherj48posted 13 months agoin reply to this

3keys..In that case, Kudos 2 U 4 ignoring so-called "expectations" & marching 2 UR own drum! Be proud 2 prove "society" cannot dictate to ALL!  Find UR own path to peace & happiness. I agree! Thanks 4 clarifying UR purpose! Good luck,

working