jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Constructive Criticism

1. blessedp profile image80
    blessedpposted 3 years ago

Constructive Criticism

How well do you take it?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

"Constructive" is often in the eye of the beholder.
    Naturally the (tone) or manner in which the criticism is given has a lot to do with it as well as how much you (respect the person).
    If you're getting it from a layman you're likely to respond to it differently than if you were told by an expert in the field. Nevertheless I would say (how) someone gives you criticism is the biggest factor in how you take it.
    Personally speaking I tend to ignore most criticism and dance to my own music. Sometimes it's best to trust your inner voice.
    If on the other hand I'm not getting the results I want then I will re-think my approach. The worst thing a person can do in my opinion is become a dixie cup bouncing back and forth whichever way the wind blows.
    Lastly if the criticism is coming from an ex or soon to be ex it makes little sense to try and become what (they) want. The very thing they dislike about you could be the same thing that causes the next person to fall madly in love with you!
    Know yourself, Love yourself, and Trust yourself!

blessedpposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you @dashingscorpio for your comment.  I do take constructive criticism, as most of the times it will improve my work, behavior or attitude and it is for my own personal development.

But with overconfidence those criticism are ignored.

3. Mac31 profile image60
    Mac31posted 3 years ago

I think constructive criticism should be looked at both ways whether it is good or bad.  This is what makes a person better and this is also what makes a leader better, but you must also look at the person giving the criticism at the same time.

blessedpposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks @Mac31 for your comment.
      It is true it is what makes a person a better individual or leader.

working