jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Have you been hurt by your partner for more than once?

1. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 3 years ago

Have you been hurt by your partner for  more than once?

Love  does not always workout for you. How many times have you been hurt in relationships and did not feel like moving on?

2. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Yes more than once. So many times it sadly has changed my feelings. I do not see anyway it will change. The personality really doesn't change much even alter counseling unless there is a great desire to change and lots of work on an ongoing basis to keep on top of the changes. These people slip back into the same old behaviors and they then believe everyone is imagining these behaviors . OK so they are right and everyone around them is wrong! I tend to give up, walk on egg shells and keep anything upsetting or not agreeable to him, quiet. No way to live, for anyone in the house. SIGH……. what to do when there is nothing you can do.

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

''These people slip back into the same old behaviors and they then believe everyone is imagining these behaviors.'' So true as I have had such an experience. It is sad that such people don't even see how they are hurting the other. Thank you

2. Penny G profile image71
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If we were close by each other we could spend time talking over coffee. I think we have much in common to talk about. I invite you to email me anytime. I am new here but plan to get busy soon writing hubs. Blessings and understanding to you.

3. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 3 years ago

Many, many times in each relationship. I guess the important thing is to decide how much you can take, then consciously make the decision to forgive them if you're not willing to walk away. Sad to say, my husband has probably hurt me more times than anyone else in the world -- even more than my ex-husband. He's a recovering alcoholic, and I can't even begin to describe what life was like before that "recovering" became reality. I still love him and he still loves me, and he has since been working to make it right, but no one is perfect, and few wounds heal without scars. To this day, I can't really say why I didn't leave, I just knew that I wasn't ready to and didn't want to. Now I'm glad I didn't, but it did look hopeless for most of several years.

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing your experience here. It is hard to cope with such individuals and you never left proves your love for him and more.

working