jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Should the law be changed to stop partners being broken by divorce?

1. days leaper profile image79
    days leaperposted 3 years ago

Should the law be changed to stop partners being broken by divorce?

The tragic death of Robin Williams. much loved comedian.  Will be sorely missed much beyond his inner circles.  I think God will give him the dream he never found in this life -and the cures!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Robin Williams' death had nothing to do with divorce. This question makes no sense.

3. days leaper profile image79
    days leaperposted 3 years ago

OK. I was in a rush. The last straw being The Parkinson's. But it all mounts up with depression. Courts don't seem to care that to provide for one woman can be crippling enough. RW had 2ex' It was reported that he had to sell land he'd bought to make his life dream come true. DREAM SHATTERED! That would end me.
    The law is out of date. Made in a time when they couldn't vote or do much by way of work. Especially if they had children. Now women have more powers than ever & the pendulum seems to be swinging the other way.
    Hope the question is now clearer.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

He was still a millionaire when he died.

2. Fred Arnold profile image62
      Fred Arnoldposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Many states have different laws nowadays. Like my state, FL, holds to a 50/50 standard. My friend only pays 60-100 dollars in child support because his ex makes almost as much as him.

3. days leaper profile image79
      days leaperposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I assume you're female? Or did You not consider the premiums of insurance would soar with his Parky. Diagnosis! The law wasn't going to say. OK we'll reduce the alamony to compensate! Though it should. His exes seem to be quite wealthy from it too!

working