jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does everyone have their "curious" phase of experimenting with the same sex?

1. Chris Dela Cruz profile image61
    Chris Dela Cruzposted 3 years ago

Does everyone have their "curious" phase of experimenting with the same sex?

Every "straight" man I have known has always been curious and tried fooling around with a guy. Does that make them gay or just experimenting to see what they truly like? If a gay guy or girl experiments with the opposite sex, is it because its an easy gateway to fool around with them or because it is a fun sexual release. If being curious and wanting to experiment seems to be the norm then what is sexuality?

2. DealForALiving profile image96
    DealForALivingposted 3 years ago

Nope, can't say I did. I tend to think that the younger generations today have bought into the ideas of experimentation more than the older folks.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Mmmm...nope, other dudes never did anything for me.

But hey, if that's what floats your boat, more power to ya.

4. mgeorge1050 profile image78
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

No, I was never attracted to men, only women.  Be safe and do what you like, but I think there is a reason you put "straight" in quotes.

5. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

Never. And I could never understand it. The ego battles are enough. To see a man as a female is impossible. A man is a man. Why kid yourself? In the future, people will be exploring thanks to the constant promotion of that lifestyle by the media. It has the big hype and thumbs up by the law and government. So people who are open to repeated images and suggestions by tv and movies, especially youth may be vulnerable. Not me. I'm old school. Male and Female only. I could never go against what nature intended by procreation.

6. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

No.

7. jlpark profile image84
    jlparkposted 3 years ago

Nope.
    Whilst I may have had a 'boyfriend" prior to coming out as gay - nothing ever happened and it was more in 'name' only (and only a month long!).
    The opposite sex has never done it for me.

Kinsey's theory of sexuality is that it exists on a continuum (my numbers may be around the wrong way) - 1 being exclusively heterosexual and 10 being exclusively homosexual  - and that many people are some place in between.

Some people are curious. Some are trying to figure out who they are - I know of a few people who had relationships with the opposite sex but figure out that it wasn't for them, and I've known people who have tried relationships with the same sex, and that didn't work for them. But in the end, they figured it out.

But no, not everyone does this.

working