jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should men help plan the wedding?

1. the1dannyd profile image62
    the1dannydposted 3 years ago

Should men help plan the wedding?

What is your opinion on wedding planning? Should men stay out of the way or try to be involved as much as possible? Should this be a team effort or a time for the bride to plan her dream wedding alone?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

It depends on the man and the couple.
    Some guys are fine with being nothing more than a "prop" on the wedding day. All they require is a location and time to show up.
    Their future wife would have it no other way!
    However if the (bride to be) wants input from the man he should actively help her with selecting the reception venue, the menu, photographer, and so on. Without help or showing any interest on his part some women can become resentful or feel as though it's not "important enough" for him to care.
    I'm a "team approach" guy who could never marry a "Bridezilla". smile

3. Amanda Howdeshell profile image74
    Amanda Howdeshellposted 3 years ago

I believe it depends on the dynamic of the couple.

The best thing to do would be to sit down, before any plans have been made, and discuss the level of involvement that the bride might expect vs. how much the groom would actually like to do.

In my case, my fiance wants to have input with things such as the menu, location, and cost. I have a friend whose husband just wanted to know what he was wearing and when he was showing up.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I think most guys don't care about the planning because a lot of people consider it the bride's special day. If I ever get married, I'd want my future husband's input because it should also be his special day.

5. Nicole Winter profile image59
    Nicole Winterposted 3 years ago

Our wedding wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for all the hard work and effort my husband put into planning it.  He was absolutely my rock and partner when it came to planning our wedding.  If a man isn't a good partner in wedding planning then what kind of relationship is it going to be down the line when other projects need to be tackled?  I get the whole: "It's the bride's special day," line, but that doesn't mean the bride should have to do all the work in making it come off without a hitch!