jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you go on a Valentine's Day date with someone you barely know?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image98
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Would you go on a Valentine's Day date with someone you barely know?

Is Valentine's Day too romantic to share it with a new date?  Would you risk it?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I did that a long time ago, on valentine's day I went out to dinner with a girl from my office who was also single. There was no romantic ulterior motive on either side, it was a just-for-fun thing so neither of us were "alone" on valentine's day. It was a nice evening together but nothing ever developed beyond that.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

It's not the day of the year that matters as much as the person, place, or activity planned for the date. If someone has tickets for a concert, play, or sporting event that happens to fall on February 14th I wouldn't rule it out. Overanalyzing hinders having a good time.
    It might be over the top if someone has plans to dine in a 5 star restaurant or make a "weekend getaway" out of it.
    Ultimately however chemistry dictates how comfortable we are with people. During the "infatuation phase" of most new relationships two people are just happy to be together. Neither of them should feel obligated to impress the other with expensive lavish displays. In fact they can talk about keeping things "low key" prior to their date.
    There is no "risk". Either you enjoy their company or not. Dating is supposed to be a FUN sociable activity. Relax!
    It's not as if someone is asking you to decide on whether to cut the red wire or the blue wire! smile

4. fpherj48 profile image74
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Absolutely....as long as what little I do know about him is all positive and he's a true gentleman.  What better way to get to know someone than to spend quality time one on one with them? 
    Although "Valentine's Day" is thought of as a day of ROMANCE and special times for couples in love.....it's actually the celebration of the Feast Day of Saint Valentine. 
    It could be quite  a pleasant date......GO FOR IT!!  We women are much too apprehensive and guarded when it's just not necessary.  Miss out on a lot of wonderful opportunities due to this.......Loosen up...go with the flow!

5. SilentMagenta profile image71
    SilentMagentaposted 3 years ago

Yes. It may actually be an upgrade to my pass valentines days. Usually I have expectations especially if they're my boyfriend and they always fail. If I dated a complete stranger for valentines day I may actually enjoy it instead of paying attention to detail to much or my expectation.

6. profile image52
    rafihnaposted 2 years ago

I am actually going on such a date. I met a really nice woman on https://mymagicbrides.com bride agency, and we are meeting this Valentine's day. I am very excited about the meeting, as I really like her...wink

working