You thought you had a date didn't you? Stood up...............

1. realtalk247 profile image69
    realtalk247posted 3 years ago

You thought you had a date didn't you?  Stood up...............

Never realized that this happens to some people until I began to grow tired of men calling me 50 times to confirm and confirm again. It's like wow....really?  Can I please curl my hair?  I will be there.
    Is it insecurity?
    Is it the lack of people today who do not practice your word is your bond? Your yes, yes. Your no,no.  Character and integrity speaks truth and volumes about someone.
    Anyone have any no show situations they want to share?
    Did you ever make plans to go out with that person again?
    Anyone stood up twice?
    P.S. If you have been stood up do you take it personally?

2. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 3 years ago

I don't care about being stood up.  Most of the time I will have a nice dinner by myself.  I always say "Better you not show up, then show up and show me a bad time." 

Well, one time I was annoyed, because I drove 45 minutes to get to the place.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Back in the 1980s I met this woman in a nightclub. We danced a lot and she asked me for my phone number. This was before people had cell phones. At any rate we talked on the phone a few days later and agreed to get together to go out the following Friday.
    On that Friday she called me from her job and said she didn't want to drive home and asked if it were okay for her to take a shower at my place and get ready. It is now 2015 and I've yet to see her! LOL!
    Anyone who double and triple checks with someone regarding (meeting them somewhere) most likely has experienced being "Stood up". I can't blame them for not taking others at their word (early on).
    Trust like respect is something that is (earned) over time. If someone tells you they're going to call you tonight and they don't that should be a "red flag". Some people have no problem leaving someone hanging and expecting them to act like it's no big deal. It's a form of disrespect and also a waste of someone's time.