jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'm having a party and my friends have fell out, what do I do?

1. Gabriel Wilson profile image93
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 2 years ago

I'm having a party and my friends have fell out, what do I do?

I'm having a party at the end of the month and three of my friends have fell out (over a recent night out, I wasn't there). I am unsure if I should invite any of them as I don't want conflict (it's my daugter's birthday) but I also really like these people and want them to be there, but I dread a who did what situation when I just want to celebrate my daugter and not ruin the day. Advise please, and tanx in advance.

2. Akriti Mattu profile image76
    Akriti Mattuposted 2 years ago

Even if your friends have a tiff, u should invite them. I don't think anybody will be so immature as to ruin somebody's birthday. The only thing that will happen is that they won't talk to each other but i guess that's expected.

Gabriel Wilsonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking this too, but you know with a few glasses of wine: which they will all consume, perhaps that's the worry. Thank you for your answer; by all means you're perfectly right smile

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

It's your daughter's day!
    Just focus on making sure (she) has a good time. There's no need to invite tension to the event. If you really want to be a peacemaker arrange to have a few drinks prior to the party and get things out in the open. If it hasn't been worked out between them leave them off your guest list.
    Ultimately their "falling out" has nothing to do with your daughter. Hopefully you have mature friends who could set aside their issues to celebrate you efforts in making your daughter's day special.
    If you're not  sure don't  invite them.

Gabriel Wilsonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for your advice, it's really what I needed to hear. Yes, it's her day and the focus is her, if they don't get that? I also think the pre drinks thing is an excellent idea, thank you very much, sound advice that will be executed x

working