jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How do you feel about interracial marriages? Are for it or against it?

1. Rakim Cheeks profile image60
    Rakim Cheeksposted 2 years ago

How do you feel about interracial marriages? Are for it or against it?

For instance, a black man marrying a white woman. Be frank with your answers!

2. ronbergeron profile image85
    ronbergeronposted 2 years ago

I really couldn't care less. It's none of my business. Same with same-sex marriage. If the people involved want to do it, it's fine with me. I really doesn't affect me in any way, so why should I care?

1. Rakim Cheeks profile image60
      Rakim Cheeksposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering Ron! However, what if your son or daughter brought home someone of the oppsite race. Would you be ok with it Ron?

2. ronbergeron profile image85
      ronbergeronposted 2 years agoin reply to this

As long as he treated her with respect, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

3. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Interracial marriages are much more acceptable in today's society than the backward, ignorant attitudes of 3 or 4 decades ago.  So many of the stereotypes and much of the bias has been replaced by acceptance and common sense.  As human beings have evolved and advanced in all areas, especially education and worldly experiences, the common bonds we all have with one another and authentic needs of human nature are inseparable. Color does not dictate any of this.

As for my own personal opinion?  LOL.  My 2 younger sons are the result of my marriage to their father, a Native American. I hardly think I need to elaborate further............Peace, Paula

working