jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Interracial Marriage?

1. elayne001 profile image72
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

Interracial Marriage?

Be honest - when you see an interracial couple do you frown with disdain, or think, "ain't love grand?".

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

I react in neither way, I just get on with my life and let them get on with theirs.  I don't react when I see same race couples, why should I react at seeing inter-racial couples?

3. WannaB Writer profile image91
    WannaB Writerposted 6 years ago

I know a lot of interracial couples. Some of the marriages have been successful, and some have not. How much is due to cultural factors is hard to tell. I think Mick is right. It's their business. There have been interracial couples in every church I've been in since 1960.

4. Catzgendron profile image72
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

I don't see anything wrong with interracial marriages.  We should see everyone as human beings and nothing else.

5. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

I don't feel any different than when I see couples of the same race. I've dated several women of different races. Love is where you find it. My first marriage was interracial. Why should anyone care who someone else dates or marries?
    Life is a personal journey.

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

neither. i honestly don't think about the race of either one. in fact, now that i think about it, if it effects you in any way, you are most likely a racist of some sort.

7. Snurre profile image72
    Snurreposted 6 years ago

There aren't many interracial couples here in Russia. But I think there is nothing wrong being married to someone of a different race. As long as people love each other and have a good family, it's great.

There is a couple living in the neighbourhood here in Moscow. He's African and she's Russian. They have been happily married for more than 10 years and they have 3 beautiful children. When I see them, I think that they are a great family and it's wonderful that they are happy.

8. DeBorrah K. Ogans profile image55
    DeBorrah K. Ogansposted 6 years ago

I don't think that color matters!  What matters is that you have shared principles... I usually smile when I see an interracial couple  because I realize that they care more about one another than what others think!  Beneath the skin we all bleed red!  They have actually gone beneath the surface in order to get to know one another!  What’s interesting  is that people in general  don’t care what color their pets are and love them as much as or  more so than people…   I also pray that they make a conscious effort to grow together in love since the odds are against  them,  and many in the world disdain them as well…

9. susahnagrande profile image60
    susahnagrandeposted 6 years ago

You should never look at a person based on there color. Color is just that a color. When in a relationship its about the passion the love for one another. Race should never be a factor. I love interracial couples, I am the baby of one of them:) Lol My mother is white and Italian and my father is black. So this is this question is up my alley.

When I see a couple I think I hope there happy. Because that's all that matters.

Very good question.

10. multiculturalsoul profile image83
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

I smile ... at my wife (and me) in the mirror!

We have been married since 1994. We have been on the receiving end of the frowners and "gritters" since 1989, and I no longer notice.