jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Would you deal with a matchmaker that couldn't sustain a relationship themselves

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Would you deal with a matchmaker that couldn't sustain a relationship themselves?

Matchmakers are supposed to help single people find their soul mate or best match for a future together. Would it matter if your matchmaker couldn't find their own soul mate when it comes to helping you?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

I believe when you hire someone you have to look at their reputation for helping their clients succeed. It's not uncommon for any of us to be able to help friends and family find solutions to their problems without having figured out how to address our own.
    If being successful in a relationship/marriage was the litmus test for getting advice no Catholic couple should meet with a priest for marital counseling!smile
    There's the old adage: "Those who can do. Those who can't teach."
    How many Olympic trainers, pro football and NBA coaches have succeeded without ever having been professional athletes? Numerous ones. Some people are better coaches than players!
    Most of us have taken advice from our parents, siblings, or friends on things they've never had to deal with personally in their own lives!
    A great deal of good advice can come from someone who is not emotionally invested in one's circumstances. They may see options that the individual cannot. They have the vantage point of being neutral and having a "fresh pair of eyes".
    There are lots of acting coaches who've never won an Oscar. Nevertheless they're in demand based upon what they've helped {others} accomplish. Track records count more than anything else.

Stacie Lposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You make some good points....still, I would wonder why they couldn't find their own mate.

3. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

that is a scam, if the matchmaker he himself doesn't have a spouse or a broken marriage, you shouldn't believe his recommendation at all.

Stacie Lposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I would wonder why they didn't have a happy love life.

working