jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to Deal With an Overly Flirtatious Husband?

1. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

How to Deal With an Overly Flirtatious Husband?

2. quester.ltd profile image60
    quester.ltdposted 6 years ago

A friend of my use to do this: you could start by introducing him as your current husband - that will sometimes bring them up by the short hairs. (They stayed married 40+ years until his death.)
    I assume that you have told him that he is hurting you and therefore the relationship with his flirtatious ways.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

In reality the only person we have complete control over is ourself. All you can do is ask someone to stop their behavior. If they don't you always have the option to not to be around them. Each of us chooses our own friends, lovers, and spouse. Ultimately everyone is looking for someone who will love and appreciate them for who they are. Some people see flirting as being "harmless fun" and others view it as being "testing the waters" to see if there is any potential chance of getting together.
    Whenever someone takes offense the person flirting falls back on the old line "I can't believe you thought I was serious!" or "Stop being so jealous and paranoid!"
    Remember you are entitled to have own likes, dislikes, and "deal breakers". You are responsible for YOUR own happiness. You don't have to "deal" with anyone you don't want to.

4. Pamela N Red profile image85
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

Have you talked to him about your concerns? Communication is the most important thing to do when you have issues with your spouse.

Also take into consideration that some people just have a forward or flirty personality. They don't even realize they are doing it but if they know it bothers their significant other they can tone it down.

If you have a strong relationship other than this one issue you probably don't have anything to worry about some people are just more outgoing.

5. Hubpage Gal profile image60
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

Let the flirtatious husband know of your displeasure and if he continues with the disrespect seek counselling to see if the marriage can be saved.  Most likely a disrespectful husband does not truly love the wife if he continues to flirt or to do things that is disagreeable.