What would your former spouse have had to do to prevent you from leaving?

1. KatyWhoWaited profile image61
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 2 years ago

What would your former spouse have had to do to prevent you from leaving?

I'm writing a short fiction piece and I need ideas for the main character to cleverly win back her spouse.  I'm NOTlooking for things all through the marriage that would have kept it together.  I'm looking for clever ideas (they can be humorous, but effective) that the wife does during the last few months before the final decision to divorce was made by the husband.  There's another woman involved. How does the wife put herself in a victorious position rather than a position of defeat?  If this was the case for you, what would have been a deciding factor to help you to stay?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12533867_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

"Men marry women hoping they will never change and women marry men hoping they will change over time."
    I suspect both expectations are unrealistic.
    If it's already in the "last few months" it's probably too late.
    When you know what your spouse loves, wants, or enjoys but you've stopped doing it and they've stopped asking for it that's a sign they've given up. Peacefulness can be deceptive.
    Someone should write a book: "Ten Signs Your Mate is Silently Unhappy"
    Lastly there is a taste of resentment one experiences when they know the only reason their mate is (putting in effort) is because they were leaving them. People prefer receiving free love over ultimatum love.
    Once you "fall out of love" with someone there isn't much they can do or say that would cause you to want to stay. I would imagine most married people "fall out of love" a year or more before they walk out.

1. KatyWhoWaited profile image61
      KatyWhoWaitedposted 2 years agoin reply to this

thanks for your comment

working