jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you have to drink alcohol to have a good time? Why?

1. davidlivermore profile image97
    davidlivermoreposted 2 years ago

Do you have to drink alcohol to have a good time?  Why?

I don't like to drink, yet so many people I know have to drink to have a good time, even avoiding doing certain things if they can't drink.  Are you like that?  Why?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

No, I don't have to drink to have a good time, but I sometimes like to go to the winery etc.  It depends on the crowd, function what you are doing etc.  There are family gatherings where no one drinks and then sometimes a group of us will go out to dinner and have a pitcher of margaritas.  It's all personal taste. 

If you are around people who can't have a good time without drinking, perhaps expand your social circle a  bit to include activities where drinking is not allowed? I have friends who drink on occasion and others who do not so I plan accordingly.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12845568_f260.jpg

No, there are lots of things I enjoy doing that don't require having alcohol. In fact I drink more soda, lemonade, and bottle water.
    Drinking for me is a social activity in a festive/party atmosphere or even a dinner for two, watching a game at a sports bar...etc
    Even then it's not that alcohol is "required" to have fun its enjoyable if you have your favorite cocktails. I know when I'm on a tropical vacation my wife and I will have some frozen cocktails as we lay on the beach because we simply enjoy the flavor of them while relaxing.
    Sometimes a ice cold beer with pizza or nachos just tastes good!
    I've never been one of those people who (used) or needed alcohol for the purpose of getting some "liquid courage" to get on the dance floor or be more open and personable in group situations.
    Taste is more important to me than any "side effect".
    I drink if I'm in the mood not to change my mood.

4. KrakyePoku profile image83
    KrakyePokuposted 2 years ago

No, what exactly will be the point in drinking to have a good time if you get so intoxicated that you do not even remember what the 'good time'really was about or how it went when its all done and over. Ive had countless times of fun times by being sober and not by drinking. It simply can just make you wild and crazy or perharps lose control if you alcohol tolerance level is very low.

working