jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How do I know I am truly in love? Or am I in love with the feeling of love? :)

1. BellaGraco profile image60
    BellaGracoposted 23 months ago

How do I know I am truly in love? Or am I in love with the feeling of love? smile

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12924021_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image94
    tamarawilhiteposted 23 months ago

There is an emotional hormonal rush when you fall in love, mostly due to oxytocin.
    If you still appreciate the person and like them and care about them after the hormonal rush has passed, which can take a few weeks, then it may be love.

3. profile image62
    peter565posted 23 months ago

Ask yourself this question, what aspect of this relationship do you like? What aspect of him do you like? That would give you some light on the subject hopefully. And not what you are told you are suppose to like, but be honest with yourself and go deep down, to think about the question. Too often in western society, women are told they are suppose to feel a certain way growing up, they are suppose to like certain things, as a result, when they grow up, they start to lie to themself, to believe they love what they don't want. This is especially in the case of relationship. I have seen women who are in unhappy relationship, lie to themself saying they are happy, because they are taught, they are suppose to want this or that growing up. So, be honest with yourself and ask what is the aspect of this relationship you like or dislike, what is aspect of him you like or dislike and that will help you get an answer

1. BellaGraco profile image60
      BellaGracoposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Thank you...agreed! smile this answer is much appreciated

4. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 23 months ago

Everyone who ever feel in love, begins by being in love with LOVE.  This is natural, normal and a "positive" thing.  Love makes us happy, comfortable, secure, passionate, giving and sometimes even "giddy."

IMHO with much experience & wisdom at this point in my life~~~ You will KNOW you are truly IN LOVE~~when you have no need to ask this question.   Peace, Paula

1. fpherj48 profile image75
      fpherj48posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Oops!  Sorry~~Typo!   "Everyone who ever FELL in love.....

working