jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why Do Women Seem To Buy So Many Shoes?

1. PhoenixV profile image78
    PhoenixVposted 20 months ago

Why Do Women Seem To Buy So Many Shoes?

2. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 20 months ago

I have two pairs of flip-flops, one pair of sneakers, and one pair of boots.  I hate buying new shoes.  I like my already worn-in ones and I wear them until they literally fall apart.  Every time I realize I need to break in a new pair of shoes I dread it.  So I guess my answer is I don't know.  I guess if I were to really get into it I'd say it's an extension of the pressure that women are under to emphasize their appearance, or that being fashionable and taking an interest in clothes/shoes/textiles is a common female gender trait. 

But my husband has at least 15 pairs of shoes that I trip over regularly so I'm not sure it's strictly a "woman" thing, in reality.

3. profile image60
    kordell70posted 20 months ago

Because everyone is entitled to a dirty little vice to make life exciting.  Some people pick the wrong vice and get in trouble like drugs, too much alcohol, etc.  However, shopping (which can get you in trouble if you spend too much) can be a better vice if you have the money. Way back in history women used to buy hats.  Sunday hats were the best because you could show them off in church.  Then came coats and minks before PETA ruined it.  Then jewelry, but that because so ostentatious. So now women have shoes, as do certain men who refer to themselves as "sneaker heads." Knowing that women like shoes, we men then buy them more shoes to get the women. This is a scientific fact.

1. PhoenixV profile image78
      PhoenixVposted 20 months agoin reply to this

So this is a good thing, really. Hypothetically I could buy bunches of flip flops and sandals and become a babe magnet?

working