Have you ever ended a relationship because of a pair of ugly feet?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)
  1. bethperry profile image84
    bethperryposted 11 years ago

Have you ever ended a relationship because of a pair of ugly feet?

Some girlfriends and I were discussing the physical attributes in men we seek most when a few commented that they couldn't bring themselves to date men with "ugly" feet even if otherwise the men in question were attractive. One even admitted having broke off a relationship because she couldn't get over her new boyfriend's fat feet and knotty, hairy  toes. I found this surprising and am now curious if this reaction is common or unusual, and if anyone else has ended a relationship because of a pair of feet. Thanks!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7026125_f260.jpg

2. Skarlet profile image83
    Skarletposted 11 years ago

Hehe.  This is so funny.
    I personally do not have a foot fetish, but one of my friends decided not to date a guy because of his brown shoes.  She moved on to a guy who was as sweet as can be but had a funny walk, so after a few dates she could not tolerate the walk anymore and ended it.

3. Rosana Modugno profile image73
    Rosana Modugnoposted 11 years ago

I have never ended a relationship because of a man's feet but I do appreciate cleanliness.  I think I've been lucky as the men I've dated have all had nice, clean feet.

4. heatherleex profile image62
    heatherleexposted 11 years ago

No, but I probably should have because he turned out to be a terrible person.

5. Alastar Packer profile image72
    Alastar Packerposted 11 years ago

Yes I did Beth. She was soon to be a "Deadhead" near the end, and absolutely refused to wear shoes anywhere! And I mean anywhere; like at the mall, out to dinner, movie shows, dress-up parties, you name it. Was quite embarrassing at times let me tell you. I liked her very much otherwise so it was too bad. She found a home with the "Deadhead" bunch though and i say good for her!

bethperryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Alastar, I think it turned out for the best for both of you. And I just don't see a guy as classy as you taking up the Dead tour caravan lifestyle!

6. zsobig profile image81
    zsobigposted 11 years ago

Wow, this is a good and interesting question.
    To answer it: No, I had never, but thank God I never met a man with an ugly feet before. Anyway, I guess 'ugly' means different things for everyone.
    On the other hand, to be frank, I don't think I'd end a relationship because of this. Not everyone is lucky to have THAT good genes smile. Plus, it is much worse when someone's feet are not ugly but stinky and dirty and their nails are almost longer than their toes... This would be a huge turn-off, yes. Yikes!

Agreed zsobig!

7. Mazzy Bolero profile image69
    Mazzy Boleroposted 11 years ago

I do wonder whether guys are put off by women having bunions. A lot of us have those from wearing high-heeled shoes - ironically, by trying to make ourselves look temporarily better we make ourselves look permanently worse!

I have never been put off by a man's feet as long as they are clean. After all, they're covered up most of the time:)  I can remember my cousin turning down a date with a really nice, good-looking guy who was very keen on her. I asked her why and she said, "He was wearing white socks."  To be fair, she was only 17 at the time.

Mazzy Bolero, that's kind of funny and sad, lol!
      When it comes to men's feet I dislike dirty and stinky ones. I will confess that a guy wearing socks (any color) with a pair of sandals does strike me as ridiculous.

8. Rebecca2904 profile image68
    Rebecca2904posted 11 years ago

Haha, great question! Is it possible for guys to have attractive feet? Or women too, for that matter. Feet are creepy looking, like a deformed octopus or something. So no, I've never broken it off with a guy for having weird feet because, frankly, I think everyone does!

Rebecca2904, yes I certainly think there are beautiful feet in the world, especially a baby's feet. Nothing cuter!

9. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 11 years ago

If your only interest in dating someone is their looks, that's both sad and common.

Find someone whose mind and interests complement your own, and they will become the best-looking person you know.

10. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 11 years ago

How shallow to break it off because of ugly feet or the colour of someones shoes/socks etc  . Other issues like never washing or the person never wearing shoes I can understand .
    A person could be the most loving, kind ,truthful person and borrowed a pair of shoes that day and you miss out because they are the wrong colour ......

11. Nationette profile image68
    Nationetteposted 10 years ago

ummmm... nope. but this does humor me as my boyfriend has really gross and misconstrued looking cave men feet. i've joked with him that they are a deal breaker... but alas, the kid is too cute to ditch him over the ugly feet

12. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 10 years ago

I haven't ended a relationship due to smelly feet.

Relationships are deeper than how a person looks. If you truly care about someone in that situation, get them help. Take them for a pedicure often or do it yourself.

Funny how women don't seem to complain when a partner is so damn unattractive but has Millions in the bank. They would think more than thrice before ending the relationship. The ugly feet wouldn't seem that bad after all. .#JustSaying

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)