jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the most important thing in a relationship???????

1. iskyraymond profile image61
    iskyraymondposted 20 months ago

What is the most important thing in a relationship???????

is it trust, sex, honesty...... what do you think ?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13145453_f260.jpg

2. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image91
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 20 months ago

I think it's a combination of trust and honesty. They work hand in hand. You can't have trust without honesty. The first time someone is caught in a lie, it's almost impossible to trust them anymore and that weighs on a relationship.

3. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 20 months ago

Trust and honesty are the foundations of a really good relationship but even with trust and honesty you could have a crappy relationship. Even if you throw in good sex, the relationship could be sadly lacking. I believe a couple needs some common ground on which to base communication. As the relationship expands, the common ground does too because they begin sharing experiences but even with good communication the relationship may have problems. Why? Because the one thing that is absolutely imperative, my opinion, to a good relationship is a sense of humor. You have to be able to laugh together. Laugh at yourselves, at situations that are truly absurd, at unexpected events that could knock the wind out of you. You've got to be able to find the humor, together, and laugh. Laughing doesn't mean that everything is lighthearted because most of life isn't but the laughter you share will help lighten the sometimes overwhelming weight that life becomes. So, yes to trust, honesty, and sex but add to that communication and a sense of humor.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 20 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13146346_f260.jpg

Honesty is the foundation for all worthwhile relationships.
    Everything falls apart without honesty. If you don't believe someone is honest you will never trust them and if you don't trust them odds are you will never truly love them. One should allow others to demonstrate honesty and integrity (before) deciding to trust them.
    Never separate your mind from your heart when making relationship decisions. The purpose of the mind is to protect the heart.

working