jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Does your relationship(s) seem like the hardest job you ever had?

1. profile image58
    Rainy Dayzposted 14 months ago

Does your relationship(s) seem like the hardest job you ever had?

2. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 14 months ago

Rainy...I'll have to say, "not really."  I'll go so far as to admit that in the very beginning of a new relationship, there may be some difficult or uncomfortable times but that's to be expected.  If it "feels" like it's too hard then you're definitely trying too hard to impress & please, which is not only unnecessary, it's a huge mistake as well.
    Right from the starting gate, we will hopefully be ourselves, open, honest & authentic.  I wouldn't recommend tap dancing and doing cart wheels to get more attention than your partners seems to be able to give.  Relax, pay attention and just let nature takes it's course.  If a relationship is meant to be, it will be without either or both parties knocking their heads against a brick wall.  Know what I mean?
    Let's put it this way, if your relationship can be described as "the hardest job you've ever had," my opinion is that you need to give your notice, say "Adios" and move on.  He/She is not the one for you.  OR  You're not the one for him/her.  Could be both!!

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 14 months ago

Not even close!
    If your relationship is the hardest job you've ever had it's probably a case of you (choosing) the "wrong mate" for yourself!
    Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    There is no amount of "work" or "communication" that can overcome being with someone who simply (does not want) what you want! Compatibility trumps compromise!
    Like attracts like and opposites attract divorce attorneys!
    Finding the "right mate" should be far more difficult than staying with them. Nevertheless some folks are bored by peace & serenity. They love "drama" or "challenges" in their relationship.
    There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships: We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have. Accept them (as is) or move on.
    Only (you) can define what is "acceptable" for you in a mate.

1. fpherj48 profile image75
      fpherj48posted 14 months agoin reply to this

Dashing...Once again, U&I seem 2 have similar attitudes. I've always been curious about the comment:" Marriage requires HARD work!"  Yes & No. The statement requires a whole lot of clarification. I know U'd agree!