jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How to keep a long distance relationship going?

1. Mtshali Sisi profile image60
    Mtshali Sisiposted 10 months ago

How to keep a long distance relationship going?

How to make it work? How to keep the fire burning? More especially when one partner lost interest on the other?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image84
    Kathleen Cochranposted 10 months ago

If one partner has lost interest, move on.  Why would you want to be with someone who is not interested?

But on the issue of long distance relationships, I can offer some advice.  I married my high school sweetheart after a 5-year separation because we went to colleges in different states. I think it lasted because we stayed in constant contact via phone calls (back in the day of long distance charges) and mail (snail mail).  Today, with email, Skype, and free phone calling, it should be easier than it was for me and my guy. 

Then we had an Army marriage for 20 years that averaged him being gone every third night.  We made use of the same forms of communication again.

The bottom line is we loved each other, no matter what, in good times and bad, and forgave each other over and over when we didn't like each other very much.

If the love is there, you can overcome anything.  If you don't, or he doesn't, move on.  It will never work.

1. Mtshali Sisi profile image60
      Mtshali Sisiposted 10 months agoin reply to this

True kathleen I love your comment though it'll be painfull for the other partner to move on since he/she is still in love with the other partner but that's the only way of finding yourself and to carry on with life.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image84
      Kathleen Cochranposted 10 months agoin reply to this

It is a sign of emotional health to be able to fall in love with someone who will love you back.  Good luck.

3. Civil Inquest profile image60
    Civil Inquestposted 10 months ago

Sexting and erotic phone calls. If he has lost interest then lose him

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 10 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13479153_f260.jpg

You have to decide what does making a long distance relationship "work" really mean. Is it a few months, a year, several years, or concluding with a marriage.
    Long distance relationships were meant to be temporary!
    The goal is to be with the person you love.
    Therefore in order to maintain a long distance relationship there has to be a "light at the end of the tunnel." In other words there must be a date established for when someone will be relocating.
    It's the counting down of the months, weeks, and days until one is finally done with the inconvenience of being in a long distance relationship that keeps it strong!
    Without a "light at the end of the tunnel" it's only natural for a couple to drift apart.
    The only reason for being in a long distance relationship is because you believe he or she is "the one". If you're just simply "dating someone" you might as well do that locally.

working