jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)

love advice

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

what was the best advice  you ever gotten when it came to love?  or what advice have you given?

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 7 years ago in reply to this

be honest
      and communicate
      do not let life get in the way, always take time for the little things

THE hugest things I thought I didnt need.

2. profile image0
    Lecieposted 7 years ago

don't go out with the first guy to ask. then you get the rep. for being easy. make the guys wait and show them you want something serious.

3. Rafini profile image89
    Rafiniposted 7 years ago

People don't come to me for emotional support/advice.  I am willing to give it, if given the chance, but the chance doesn't come along much.

The best advice I got was the worst advice I got.  Unfortunately, it came from my ex-mother-in-law, and it was geared toward me "understanding" her son and his behavior.  She was waaay off the mark!!

4. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 7 years ago

live life the way you want to even if in the long run it seems wrong because at that very moment it was right.

don't look at just the line in the forest but look beyond that line and see what you are really getting into. (the saying can't see the forest for the trees)

trust no one until they give you a reason to trust them

love like you will never love again, laugh like no one cares, live like its your last day

don't take people for granted if you dont want to be taken for granted

never ever under any circumstances LIE

if you arent happy with your mate tell them instead of finding pleasure elsewhere

thats just a few i have gotten and given

1. Rafini profile image89
      Rafiniposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i like this advice.  wink

1. profile image0
        pinkyleeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thanks

5. samboiam profile image60
    samboiamposted 7 years ago

Best advice I have ever received came from the pastor who performed our weddimg. He said, "If you're going to fight, and you will, fight naked.

1. Rafini profile image89

oh my!   lol

2. profile image0

lol
      very good advice!! I intend to use it.  thank you for sharing!!

1. brianzen profile image60
        brianzenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Worry more about being kind than being right, was my favorite.

1. profile image0

hmmmmm
          that is good, but thats kinda one of those one sided things that eventually gets old. It would be awesome if both people had that view. But its not posssable to hold that one up by yourself, trust me.

1. brianzen profile image60
            brianzenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You do not know  too many people like me, I make it work out of love for someone who hasn't quite got the hang of it yet. All I ever really want for me emotionally  is well provided. So I can afford to be good.

2. Rafini profile image89

I agree it's good, but also think it wouldn't last for long with some.

3. samboiam profile image60
      samboiamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It works. I have been married for 19 years.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:M484sIsyLX6scM:http://www.dreamstime.com/happily-ever-after-pen-ink-eps-thumb5433367.jpg

1. Faybe Bay profile image83
        Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If i ever fall in love again, I will try that out samboiam.

I was told by a couple who had been married sixty years: Always hold hands. People hold hands in the beginning, but then it changes, you put your arm around the other and walk that way awhile; too soon you are side by side with no contact at all. He said there are more nerve endings in your fingertips, and always holding hands becomes a way of communication. You can instantly tell if something is wrong, just by the way that hand moves in your hand. You can feel when the other person is afraid, or angry or content.

But that is a lot of work, I vote for Samboiam, if you're gonna fight, fight naked. big_smile

6. samboiam profile image60
    samboiamposted 7 years ago

Here is a piece of advice I give husbands. You can either be right or you can be happy. Being right is highly over rated.

1. profile image0

haaahahahahhaaa
      it works for wives too!  wink

7. A.C. Sylvester profile image58
    A.C. Sylvesterposted 7 years ago

The more you let your guard down and let yourself be vulnerable in a relaitonship... the more you will experience the beauty of love.

There's a direct correlation.

working