jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Special Needs Kids

1. Shakes23 profile image55
    Shakes23posted 6 years ago

How do you moms out there with special needs kids take time out for yourselves?

1. Julie2 profile image60
      Julie2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

The only time I get is when he is in preschool for 2 hours, that gives me time to clean and cook and maybe publish a hub if I can. If he is watching a program that keeps him occupied for 15 minutes I get to check forums or read a fellow hubbers hub. He falls asleep at about midnight every night and by then I am just to tired to even write a hub. I don't really have time to myself as in going out. I really dont know what that is like anymore.

Shakes23posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow, Julie thats good that you get some time in at all. Its hard when you have a job outside of the home, too. I just started this hub thng and I would like to keep it going. Just trying to find time to do it. My guy is 12 which is good in a way but sometimes I feel like I dont give him enough time

1. Julie2 profile image60
          Julie2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mine is 3 so I have to keep on top of him. I can only take my eyes off him for a few minutes if I can. When I hear him get to quiet I run to check him. If not I keep him in the same room with me. My husband tells me to try to make time for myself but its easier said then done.

Shakes23posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I remember those days. Sometimes it gets easier when they get older but then they become aware of things and then there are questions...

working