jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

i am a parent of a special needs child. he's like every other child he just dont

  1. josophia profile image49
    josophiaposted 7 years ago

    i am a parent of a special needs child. he's like every other child he just dont talk to much....

    the school he attends cant afford a full time ad for him so me and his father have to pick him up at noon. the school recevies the funding for him so what can i do about this

  2. nell79 profile image79
    nell79posted 7 years ago

    First, I would suggest setting up a meeting with the principal to talk about your concerns and the fact that your son's special needs are not being met, despite the funding provided to them for him. If that doesn't work, you need to go straight to the school board for your district. A lot of times, this will get the job done, if it's a job that they can accomplish.

    Good luck to you!

  3. awoodog profile image57
    awoodogposted 7 years ago

    Talk to your school board, local governments even media to get attention to what is happening. If nobody stands up for what is right, it goes unheard and changes will never come.
    I hope things will be put right.

  4. womenintouch profile image60
    womenintouchposted 7 years ago

    Where is the parent group for this school/ PTA or LSCO? there is funding for this Title 1 money is available for helping your child , unless the school he is going to does not get Title 1
    if they do your child is intitled to get the help he needs even if it cost them transportation cost to get him there. These funds can pay for a tutor and other needs that your child may need. Check on line to see what is available in your area and make sure you child's school receives these funds that is the first place to start

  5. profile image57
    rieomposted 7 years ago

    Each child is supposed to have an equal education.  Your child is not getting one right now.  It sounds as if the school is not giving your child "equal and fair education." 

    Check out special need forums.  The people who are a part of the forum know all the ins and outs and should be able to either help you or steer you in the right direction.

    At the very least, he needs a tutor half a day to come to the home, if they cannot provide for him at school for that half day.

  6. denise.w.anderson profile image93
    denise.w.andersonposted 7 years ago

    If your child is already on an Individual Education Plan, as the parent, you can talk to the case manager and request a meeting with the school personnel to discuss your concerns. The team is bound to honor your request for him to be in the school full time if they are receiving the funds for him to be there. If your child is not in special education already, talk to the principal to request an assessment.