- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
How To Obtain Maximum Results From God's Word
You can shift your consciousness and be empowered to move forward in the life that God has planned and purposed for you when you show up (regardless of how you feel and what is going on in your life) to the places where your spiritual enlightenment, healing, growth and transformation are attainable. As someone experiencing the challenges of transition, new levels, and past issues, I showed up to prayer service and Life Change Institute at church and shifted into a renewed empowered attitude. I was reminded of who and whose I AM and the tools made available through prayer and God’s word. Pastor Michel White-Haynes showed up in spite of the challenges in her life and taught us through physical demonstration and exhortation the following message and steps to obtaining maximum results from the word of God.
Things We Have To Do With The Word
1. STUDY– We have to study the word in order to know God and understand it, remember it and live it. (2 Timothy 2:15) “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.“
2. HEAR– What you repeatedly hear becomes a doctrine for your life. Channel what you hear. (Romans 10:14c, 17; Matthew 11:15) “14chow can they hear without someone preaching to them? 17Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ; 15He who has ears, let him hear.”
3. MEDITATE– Ponder God’s word, eat it, chew on it, and let it resonate. (Psalm 1:1a, 2) “1Blessed is the man …his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. “
4. KEEP– Keep the word in your heart and forgive. Clean and protect your heart. (Psalm 51:10; Proverbs 4:23) “10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me; 23 Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.”
5. CONFESS– Speak the word. Declare and decree the word of God over your circumstances. Make it come out of your mouth. Change your language because your words come to life. (Numbers 14:28) “So tell them, 'As surely as I live, declares the LORD, I will do to you the very things I heard you say.” Be in agreement with what God’s word says about your situations be it Finances (My God shall supply all your needs – Philippians 4:19); Health (…And by His wounds we are healed- Isaiah 53:5); Battles (No weapon formed against you will prevail- Isaiah 54:17; if God be for us, who can be against us? We are more than conquerors- Romans 8:31, 37; Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you- Deuteronomy 3:22). Trust God’s word. What He says must be done. (God’s word will not return empty-handed, it will do the work He sent it to do and complete the assignment He gave- Isaiah 5:11).
6. PRAY– Use God’s word as your prayer language. Find the appropriate scripture that speaks to your need and pray it over that situation. Remind God of His promises over your life. (James 5:16b) "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
7. ACT– You must put the word of God into action for it to work for you. Pay your tithes and see if He does not pour you out a blessing you don’t have room enough to receive. (Malachi 3:10) “10Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.” Serve God intentionally and with gladness. Hold your head up, smile and press through your challenges. Look better than what you may be going through. God is good all the time and worthy of our praises.
8. OBEY– Obedience to the word of God is the key to your blessing. To obey is to adhere and carefully carry out what the Lord requests, requires, and expects. You can no longer sit on the fence. (Deuteronomy 6:3) “ 3Listen obediently, Israel. Do what you're told so that you'll have a good life, a life of abundance and bounty, just as God promised, in a land abounding in milk and honey. (I Samuel 15:22b) “To obey is better than sacrifice ….”
The word of God is full of power and God’s grace to change our lives. The Lord uses simple terms and familiar things to acquaint us with His word, such as lamp (unto our feet) and seed (sowing). God is not wordy and will speak on our level so that we get the understanding to do what the word says. If the King James Version (KJV) is challenging to understand, try a different bible translation such as the New Living Translation (NLT), The Message Bible, New International Version (NIV) or the Amplified Bible. Then, do the things necessary to obtain maximum results from God’s word.