Understanding Your Relationship with God and His Word
I once distributed a devotional email to my list that contained a message from empowerment specialist Dr. Cindy Trimm entitled “Speak Life Into Your Situations” and was asked to share the message on the Boost In Your Bathrobe morning inspiration teleconference call. I tweaked the content for Relationship Thursday with the intention of expanding our understanding of the power and relationship we have with God’s word, and now I invite you to join me on this scriptural journey that tells a powerful story about divine relationship:
1. Understand that GOD and the WORD are one
(John 1:1-5, NLT) "1 In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He existed in the beginning with God. 3 God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. 4 The Word gave life to everything that was created,and His life brought light to everyone. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it." Everything else will pass away, but the Word will last forever.
(Hebrews 11:3 Message) "3 By faith, we see the world called into existence by God's word, what we see created by what we don't see."
2. Understand and embrace your relationship with GOD
(Romans 4:17c) “the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing” said in Genesis at the beginning of each created day, “ Let there be …” and it was so, and it was good; including the creation of male and female made in His image after His likeness to have dominion and live in fellowship with Him.
(2 Corinthians 4: 6-7) "6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” [made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. 7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.” God offers the gift of His Spirit to reign within through Christ for those who believe and receive.
3. Understand and embrace your relationship with the WORD
(1 Peter 2:9) 9 Declares that you are a royal priesthood-- chosen, holy, & special. You have kingly attributes as believers. Remember, Jesus is King of kings, He is the capital “K” and we are the lowercase “k” in kings. Royalty does not beg or cry for anything, they institute, confirm, settle, summon, and authorize.
(Job 22:28-30) "28 You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways. 29 When they cast you down, and you say, ‘Exaltation will come!’ Then He (God) will save the humble person. 30 He will even deliver one who is not innocent; Yes, he will be delivered by the purity of your hands.”
Know that you are one with God, the Word, the Christ, the Holy Spirit, and His glory. I Am that I Am walk in your anointing! The power of life and death is in the tongue, so be intentional about using this God-given power to speak blessings and life for yourself and others. Shine your godly light and speak with bold confidence such things as:
I decree and declare
* That you dwell in the secret place of the Most High God and dwell under the shadow of the Almighty and everything that is misaligned you command to come into divine alignment.
* That you have the mind of Christ and therefore seek things above.
* That you ascend into new realms of power and authority and access new dimensions of divine revelation.
* That you wear the helmet of salvation to protect your mind from negative thoughts that would derail God's purpose and plans for you.
* That truth protects your integrity, righteousness protects your reputation, the gospel of peace guides your every step, the shield of faith secures your future and destiny, and the sword of the Spirit grants you dominion and authority.
* That new cycles of victory, success, and prosperity will replace old cycles of failure, poverty, and death in your life.
* That Psalm 25:21 ministers to you, "let integrity and uprightness preserve you; for you wait on Thee."
* That your thoughts are governed only by things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious; the best, the beautiful, and things to praise. (Philippians 4:8-9 the message).
* That your help comes from the Lord and He will not allow you to be destroyed. He that keepeth Israel will neither slumber nor sleep (Psalm 121).
* Today is the dawning of a new day. Your season of frustration and failures is over, and you walk in a season of success and prosperity. Old things have passed away; all things have become new. John 1:1-5 AMP).
NOTE: The recording number to listen to this message and the powerful conversation (between me and the prayer line founding Minister- Rev. Valerie Love) that followed is 641-715-3412, pin 480031 recording #145.
You may also read related hubs:
Thank you and be blessed,