Marisaupa profile image 60

Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI is a licensed helicopter pilot - Was I the Only One Not to Know?

Yes, from the book of "say what?" among the many side facts that I was simply shocked to discover during the coverage of the Holy Father's last day as Pope was that he is a licensed helicopter pilot and that during his papacy he has piloted the Papal chopper from the Vatican to the Papal summer palace on multiple occasions. Yet, he does know how to drive a car. This is simply a trivial fact, but just wondering if anyone cares to comment. I still can't believe that we had a chopper flying Pope, LOL.

Angela Blair profile image84

Best Answer Angela Blair says

Porshadoxus profile image82

Porshadoxus says

Old Empresario 4 years ago

I think he was also drafted into the German Army. Why on earth would they choose a Cardinal who was a German of the WWII era to be Pope?

cuttler profile image61

Cuttler says

Old Empresario says