jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (26 posts)

What's Your Daily Mantra That Keeps You Going?

1. Super Lux profile image61
    Super Luxposted 5 years ago

How do you motivate yourself to get up and win the day?  What encourages you especially on "stormy" days?

1. msLarayne profile image67
      msLarayneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I read this every time I get out of bed... "Be Fearless. Have the courage to take risks. Go where there are no guarantees."

Super Luxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

wow very brave of you smile

2. SoundNFury profile image85
      SoundNFuryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think about the infinite possibilities of expression there are, in particular in music, photography, films and writing.  the ability to reflect on life, whether in good times or bad, makes me feel good.

2. Jonathon Kennedy profile image61
    Jonathon Kennedyposted 5 years ago

"The world sucks and you're the only one who can change it!"

...I play a lot of video games.

On less dramatic days I just like to remind myself of some old quote before I start the day. I keep a very long list of inspiring quotes on my laptop to look at when I'm feeling defeated. My most recent "mantra" is this nugget:

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. Most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become.” (It's a Steve Jobs quote, so I'm being totally hip right now.)

very inspiring eye opener smile

2. Daniella Lopez profile image88
      Daniella Lopezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Love the quotes, Jonathon. As to the question, I don't usually feel motivated to get out of bed, but when I do, it's usually because my son is kicking me in the ribs.

Okay, in all seriousness. I would have to say that my motivation, the thing that drives me, is "Be the person that I want my son to want to look up to".

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I suppose my mantra is 'everything works out in the end'. Since it doesn't matter how much you worry about anything. It has little effect on the outcome.  And, you can put a positive or negative spin on any outcome. So, I search for the positive angle and  work to believe in it.

no sense in worrying indeed for everything works out in the end smile

4. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

"I can do anything".

I started repeating it after my first bout of depression at age ten, and it stuck. I think I blame it for my huge ego and my inability to take "no" as an answer.

depressed at 10? wow i get depressed now that i'm adult and it's driving me nuts! you must be very strong. salute to you smile

5. ChitrangadaSharan profile image83
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

To be optimistic--the fact that if good times do not last forever, even the bad times would pass away. Start each day with new hopes, new energy and new enthusiasm. This is life-- pleasure and pain, joy and sorrow all go side by side.

nothing is permanent indeed. very practical advise.

6. Disappearinghead profile image84
    Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago

One day nearer the grave! tongue

that's one way to look at it. smile
      as they say, "you never truly lived until you find a something to die for"

7. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 5 years ago

What keeps me going mostly is the fact that each and every day is
    different and I am different each and every day.  I try to make
    a plan for each day of what I want to accomplish - depressed or not.
    Life isn't all that wonderful as it was at this time in place for me - so I really
    must push myself to keep going.  Keep on - keeping on.

determination and perseverance are really important traits to possess to survive. nice!

8. Lemuel Martin profile image60
    Lemuel Martinposted 5 years ago

Lord, thank you for waking me up this morning. Lead me and guide me in all I do. Show me where to put my hand to serve those I encounter. Bless my body to your service.

very well said Lemuel smile

9. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years ago

I don't normally need motivation to start my day. However, when I hit the rough spots that we all do in life, I do have a mantra. It's "put one foot in front of the other". That reminds me to do everything I can to get out of the bad spot. File papers, look for jobs, call a repairman, make necessary doctor appointments, etc. Whatever it takes.

I've found that if I do all of the things I need to do, no matter how pessimistic I may feel or how unimportant the action seems in the circumstances, I'm creating doorways out of bad times. It has always worked for me.

10. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

"What can I accomplish today..."

11. Niteriter profile image77
    Niteriterposted 5 years ago

This is the day I shall remain calm and dignified as I visit the HubPages forums.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What fun is that? big_smile

1. Niteriter profile image77
        Niteriterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am a child of fantasy and I firmly refuse to mature.

12. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

"Pretending to be a functioning adult is so exhausting..."

pretending to be anything at all is exhausting smile

working