jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What keeps you going each day?

1. davidlivermore profile image97
    davidlivermoreposted 5 years ago

What keeps you going each day?

What motivates you to go to work, deal with family, pay the bills, etc.?  Is it just life?  Or is there something more that pushes you on each and every day?

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Others go on with heavier burdens, so why should I give up because of mine? Those around me continue on, granted some did not take the same road, yet they seem satisfied or at least happy at times. There is no reason for suicide because every problem can be fixed. If someone does not like you, ignore them, or talk to your special other about it, or find a new  job. Years ago, I was tired of college. Four years yet only one year away from my second college degree, but I distracted myself, gave me reason for interest and continued on. Everyone thinks I am nuts for living here when we could afford a mortgage, but I prefer to pay in full at the time of purchasing. It gets difficult sometimes, but you have to think of the big picture. Not the short moment you are in.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Family.  There are times I just would like to stay shut in my house and not face the world. But I have grown children, grandchildren and a husband that make me want to get up an face the day - even on those days it seems difficult.

4. cydro profile image86
    cydroposted 5 years ago

All the drugs I'm on.

Just kidding.  Life is great nowadays.  Even if you are underprivileged you have the chance to make the world a better place.  You have access to learn whatever you want to learn.  If you have a job and a family then you probably know where your next meal is coming from. 

Music and dogs help too.   

I could go on.

5. Lor's Stories profile image62
    Lor's Storiesposted 5 years ago

My good days are few and far between physically but I THINK it's just the hope of feeling better every day is what keeps me going even if I don't want to.
    I believe God gives me each day i am here to appreciate the small things.
    I owe it to myself and family to try and be upbeat even when I would rather hide under the covers.
    I hope one day I will wake up and I won't have pain, but even if I do have pain I believe there is a purpose to it.
    I look at my life as a devotion to God whether or not I have to live with this physical limitation. Faith keeps me going.

6. Missing Link profile image81
    Missing Linkposted 5 years ago

My wife and children.  Luckily I have a good marriage.

working