Illusions that are Facts

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Mandhla Moyo profile image60
    Mandhla Moyoposted 10 years ago

How can an illusion be a fact, simply by being the only reality one is familiar with... I know, such ignorance, outrage, what where when how why who???

Try if you may undress your thought process to its simplest briefs just to cover the essentials... Learn a different world all together, imagine if Moses showed up now with his staff and sandals talking about 'set my people free', then someone passed him a cellphone connected to Israel... What would amaze him most??
    Concepts of our precepts play with our perception of reality- there is but a number of realities apart from the one you know, its true I live four of those realities one in a different context than the other three, what am I saying? Nothing really, what are you hearing?

I read recently that some guy in China held 'his girlfriend' hostage because the girls family was against their relationship.... ? The logical thing for him was to grab a few knives drag his girlfriend on the roof and strip naked while threatening to kill her.... ? Anyway, another area in the world has determined that a 'Rape victim' is to be united with their 'victimizer' for life....? This is law..!? Reality is stranger than fiction huh, anyway, people worship Oprah yet we are still to open a Madiba church... Only seems logical right?

There are a lot of things that cause a lot of friction between cultures, races, tribes and belief systems- the interesting thing is it is our pre-found illusions that solidify the reality of those frictions. I got in trouble the other day for defending some of the attacks on the homosexual communities in some African countries.... My problem it seems, I have a problem with problems- Ignorance is no excuse in most if not all courts of law so to claim the attack on homosexuals is due to ignorance is stupidity in itself-
    Constructs and Ideals run man, and belief system seems to cage him to a set reality- it becomes an issue when such a man decides to break free of such a cage into a wider set of ideals and beliefs, reconstruction is mostly taken as rebellion- am no rebel but one has to acknowledge the facts that be in relation to the reality that is, the illusion is Africans who attack homosexuals are ignorant or homophobic- no, Africans who do that can be considered ignorant or dumb but learn this, ignorance being lack of knowledge on the particular issue at question doesn't mean wisdom is lacking too. Ideals in their initial cultural or ancestral and societal beliefs are not homosexually friendly- far from it, including other constructs of thought from the African perspective of Livity and reality of family and relations... None if it adds up, so my idea before I got in trouble was- give us time to incorporate it into our ideals and reality like we did Christianity and Islam.

Anyway, Illusions- truth and reality, truth in reality, whats real but truth but then again whats true but what is real? But since reality is subject to alteration where does that leave truth? And the reality of Contexts?...

I see too many facts in these our Illusions that conclude our truths.... Do you?

1. EncephaloiDead profile image56
      EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Actually, rejecting the ideals of Christianity and Islam would solve many of those problems.

Mandhla Moyoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Theres an idea but people need belief and governance thats the problem

Why do people need belief and governance?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
            Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Otherwise we would need knights in armor with their jousting poles, shields and swords to deal with injustice directly… through injury, killing and wars. Might equalling Right rather than Laws and Justice. Morals and Democracy go hand in hand… whether those morals are based on religious beliefs or common sense and love.
            (But, love without logic is a sham.)
            I highly recommend the movie Camelot which came out in 1967 when people were contemplating the futility of war.

Just an fyi, you might have it backwards, this is the 21st century, not the 12th.

Oh!

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

Justice: the idea that one cannot just do as one pleases, without considering the consequences and effects on others. If the effect of particular actions to self and others is benign, then one's actions are not unjust. If the behavior is harmful to self or others, that behavior becomes a problem. I agree we need to pick our battles wisely: Not through emotional prejudice, but through logic and a sense of what is the *common good.*

I agree- whats your view on humanism though?

"Humanism often used as a byword for non-theistic beliefs about ideas such as meaning and purpose; however, many early humanists, such as Ulrich von Hutten, a strong supporter of Martin Luther and the Reformation, were religious."

What are your views?
        I would say mine are based on human spiritual evolution as guided by the precepts of Krishna, Jesus, Paramahansa Yogananda, and the saints of all religions. Not to mention, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, David Hume and John Locke, George Washington, John and Abigail Adams, Abraham Lincoln, and even Ronal Reagan... amongst others!

I believe theres hope where there is love but so far none of the religions we've held dear no longer present that ideal- so I guess am like you I learn from the 'messengers'.

I am interested in knowing more about humanism

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)