Maya, Yin and Yang

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (62 posts)
  1. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 10 years ago

"I've Always acknowledged Yin and Yang, Dark and Light. It is the nature of *Maya* don't you know"

I brought this discussion over from another thread, as it seem to be too off topic, but I still want to address the subject.

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Could it be that the differentiation between reality and illusion is but an illusion?

janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Do you think that?

I would have trouble trying to wrap my head around something like that.

Sorry  ...  wasn't expecting an answer so quickly.  went off checking out a hub. Do I believe that?   Sometimes I do.   Seems like everyone is asking that question. what is reality  and then.   according to who?

It does seem like a lot of people have different realities. I know my reality is different from a lot of people's.

I think my reality is like no other. Half of it is of my own making and the other half happened from forces out side of my control.   and yet.  maybe i could have had more control than I did. but somehow my reality made me think I didn't.

I feel that way too. It's hard to tell how much, if any, free will I have. So, sometimes I just follow where I feel the Universe or God is leading me,and sometimes I become more involved and think "this is my life and I want complete control over it". Maybe you're talking about something different though, I'm not sure.

Are you happy?

Not as much as I would like to be.  BUT ...   unless I turn loose of some part of my criteria ..  I guess I'm as happy as I can be under all of them circumstances.  We really are prisoners of our own mind. The limitations we put upon ourselves.  The reality that we perceive to be a part of, has equal controll over the decisions we are going to make. does that make sense?

Actually, I'm not sure what you mean. But, "reality" is a hard concept to describe in words, and then we all tend to interpret what other people say through our own biases and versions of reality:)

lol...this isn't an easy subject to talk about.

2. janesix profile image60

I think that "Maya" means the "veils" of illusion.

Yin and yang, I don't see as good and evil. I don't think they are opposites.

I might see the symbol as like, "There is always a little bit of bad with the good, and always a little bit of good with the bad. Probably true, but I only see that as true down here, in the created world. I think that in the ocean of pure consciousness that is God, is completely good.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Could this world exist if it were not for illusion vs reality? what is reality? what is illusion? Where does life come from. Where does destruction and death come from?  I got banned for a discussion regarding Yin and Yang. So, I might not partake any farther.  Also, I was just accused of trying to enlighten and that I should just stop posting. I do not want to offend anyone.

It's ok if you don't want to discuss this any further. That's weird how someone can get banned for discussing yin/yang. I think I've been banned unfairly once (the other few times I deserved it though).

Still, I'd like to address your last response anyway.

Could this world exist if it were not for illusion vs reality?     I don't think so. I think the illusion is necessary. God can't be separate from himself if he knows about it.

what is reality? what is illusion?       This world is illusion. There is the illusion of seperateness, time, and form. Reality can be sensed more clearly the closer you get back to God. Pure reality would be God as a whole. Love, ONE, WHOLENESS

Where does life come from. Where does destruction and death come from?      Everything created has life. Everything is life. Death is an illusion.

I don't claim to know these things, but they are my current beliefs. They've changed before;)

Negative vs positive = acidic vs alkaline = yin and yang.
          Most poisons are acidic in nature. When you die from a poison your soul loses its body.
          That is the reality of destruction.

Are you speaking in metaphor?

I think destruction is a tearing apart of harmony.

Death is not destruction, but a natural biological process. A way to either reincarnate, or go back to the source.

No, this is science! Things that literally kill us are literally negative in nature. Positive balanced with negative promotes life. Think about the blood stream. It must have the right ph. Too much sugar (acidic in nature because it is yin) throws off the balance in the blood stream. Think about how hard pool-men work to keep the water properly ph balanced: adding acid, checking the levels constantly.

What are you saying that's bannable? Nothing I can see. We're just hanging out and talking philosophy.

I don't think everything that kills us is negative. Like old age, that's just nature. Most things are negative though, like getting hit by a car or something.

What kills us? A lack of yang force, in the end. Yang is positive in nature. (I got banned because I started relating it to male and female. oh yeah, also to the functioning of the sunā€¦ which, it turns out, that I was rightā€¦ There IS yin and yang force in the sun. I wonder if I could find that link. I would be interested to see what you thought about it.

That's interesting. Will you describe how you think the yin/yang forces work?

2. Jerami profile image59

All of reality ends when we get hit by a car,   and when we go to sleep at night .....  which I'm getting ready to do.  as soon as I finish my pepper jack cheese and bacon cassadia and frozen margarita.

Ok, good night:)

Maybe. But that's just our bodies, not our souls (and I think there is only ONE soul in reality, and that's the Universal soul/God)

I think that we have a limited lifespan for a reason. We are here to experience life, but also to learn how to be good people, so that we can eventually return back to the source. We learn how to be separate, yet treat each other with compassion. Living forever would defeat the purpose.

I have heard that We are Negative and God is Positive. Not psychologicallyā€¦ physically, in nature. That's what I heard. (You can see how this gets tricky.)

This is the way I see it (sort of, it's just a model I came up with for visual interpretation)

Imagine God is a giant rubber band. This whole rubber band is Good. Pinch off a piece of it,and tie it off. That pinched off piece is the created, material world,and everything in it, including us. So, every bit of it is part of god,and has some of the goodness of God. Stretch out the piece of created world,and the farther you get away from the larger piece, the less good there is. But this can stretch back and become part of the whole again.

3. janesix profile image60
  4. janesix profile image60

This is how I relate the Universe to the chakras.

Once a piece of the source is tied off, so to speak, the tied off part is the created world. There are seven chakras, which are different levels of consciousness. These 7 chakras are "folded up", and descend downward to more and more material stages of creation (although all really exist at once, we all just occupy different levels) They are folded in half, with chakras 1 and 7 touching the source, but still separated from it. Lover down are chakras 2 and 6, then 3 and 5. Finally, the fourth chakra is the material world most people live in. During creation of a soul, we descend down through the chakras, I 2 and 3, until we reach maturity, and are living in the final stage of the created world.

That's why most people have such problems, only their lower three chakras are opened. If you can open your fourth, heart chakra, this is the beginning of the road back up towards God. You have to then ascend upwards, through chakras 5 6 and 7, each one having to be unlocked or untied to get to the next. At the seventh, you are still a created being, yet still not at the source. This is enlightenment, or Christ Consciousness. After that, is anyone's guess. I guess, either going back to the source, or a new entire "octave" of being begins.

This is close to what I have learned too.   
      So, yes. the fourth chakra is green. People here are very service oriented. At the fifth level, blue, (Throat chakra) people are very devotional and then purple: third eye = sixth chakraā€¦pretty much a saint...

I've seen it:) That's pretty much what I think too.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

Nice chatting about all this. It is so fascinating and real to me. BFN

6. janesix profile image60

I've opened my fourth and fifth, although I think I still spend most of my time "down here" as I still have many, many internal issues to resolve. I thought at one point God had opened all of my chakras, but maybe they were just kind of "activated" in some way. They are not all open, I know that now. I've had short-term glimpses into the sixth. Never the seventh though. I'm kind of even afraid to go there though. Maybe that's why I haven't yet. That's the realm of duality and identity, ego I guess. Maybe I'm afraid to see what's really there. Not that I'm afraid to see into the nature of myself, I'm just afraid that it will be so strange I might not be able to deal with that. (that level of consciousness I mean)

7. EncephaloiDead profile image54
    EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years ago

Interesting article about energy:

Or ā€˜How to be debunked by a nine year old schoolgirlā€™

"The crank is easy to tell from the quack: the crank seeks ā€˜freeā€™ energy, the quack seeks ā€˜healingā€™ energy. The crank seeks an endless supply of useful energy from spinning rotors and magnets; the quack seeks an infinite source of healing energy from spinning arms and language.

Quack Energy has many different forms, or manifestations, depending on the particular field of woo being considered, Quack Energy has explanatory roles in Reiki, QiGong, Touch Therapy, Biofield Therapy, Acupuncture, Homeopathy and just about any other ā€˜disciplineā€™ where science suggests the technique ought to be nonsense. Quack Energy is used to corrupt and subvert logic. I

The names for Quack Energy are legion: Mana, Energy, Qi, Aura, Chi, Ki and so. In debating with woos, I like to lump them altogether as MEQUACK.

MEQUACK flows around our body in someway and can get blocked, or disrupted, causing illness. Sometimes the energy uses some sort of MEQUACK channel in the body, like a meridian, or is centred in special places in the body, like a Chakra."

http://www.quackometer.net/blog/2006/10 … nergy.html

lol...That's pretty cute. But what kind of nut sees the energy as neither "free" nor "healing"? Would that be a Qwerk? Or maybe a Quark?

- neither, just a Quarreler, otherwise known as a naysayer.

I don't see energy as free or healing. Although I could be wrong. I see it as too tied up and divided in it's aspects to be "free". I think it can only be free at the source, but not here in the created world. As for healing, I could be VERY wrong on that. What do you think?

(BTW The seventh is beyond duality.)
            Jesus was a master healer. What do you think He used to heal? Matter? No, the essence of what is beyond (and what makes up) matter.

I don't know much about the seventh chakra, not from experience anyway. I only had one experience with it so far. But not as a state of consciousness. Haven't been there yet. Have you? What chakra level are you at(or the state of consciousness at that level)

green toward blue

Is that 4th towards the fifth chakra? Heart to throat?

service toward devotion

8. janesix profile image60

From my chart:

Saturn's in Gemini, I think the 7th house.

12th house, Capricorn, with something that says N. node.

I'm just learning now, so I'm not sure what anything means.

I know I have a pretty looking trine in Taurus-Gemini-Virgo

Positive traits:. You are patient and intelligent.

Trouble obtaining an education?   Yes, but by my own fault, there was plenty of opportunity

I've always been lonely, but surrounded by people I love and who love me. Weird.

I am musically illiterate, but then, I've never tried.

me? Sarcastic? never! I am naturally sarcastic, trying to get rid of that fault.

the last two...I don't know.

Thanks, I love readings:)

What planet is in Capricorn in the twelfth house?

I hate traveling. I get lost and it's uncomfortable. I'm easily confused when surrounded by a lot of people. I don't leave the house much.

I've been thinking about getting a keyboard of some kind for a while now, but lack the funds. I might try the thrift stores though.

yes! I see them all the time for cheap there. Get one with good base tones. Play around with base chords. The melody surrounds and is based on them.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Sometimes, but I need a new pair.

My turn.

Your favorite color is aqua

good guess, very strong color in my lifeā€¦ favorite is magenta!
                    PS based on year:  You have Neptune in Sagittarius influencing higher learning, philosophy and freedom.
                    Pluto and Uranus in Libra emphasizing harmony and luck through unusual relationships. According to book you "make a memorable first impression."

I'm not sure which house is which. On my chart, there is an arrow that points upwards. I counted to the right seven spaces till I got to Saturn.

An astrological reading can help anyone.  However, It is not something set in stone. It shows tendencies. Free will can change anything. It best to focus on that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)