Is it really true that God exist?

Jump to Last Post 51-68 of 68 discussions (190 posts)
  1. accofranco profile image78
    accofrancoposted 15 years ago

...haha!Those stars u see forming,have been pre-timed to form at that time by the masterplanner during the masterplanning process,just as a man,a woman is pre-timed to start produacing sperms and ovaries (by the presence of menstruation),and now through the aid of science we were now able to deduce these preplanned times.

2. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

This, by J C Squire -

There was an Indian, who had known no change,
    Who strayed content along a sunlit beach
    Gathering shells. He heard a sudden strange
    Commingled noise: looked up; and gasped for speech.

For in the bay, where nothing was before,
    Moved on the sea, by magic, huge canoes
    With bellying cloths on poles, and not one oar,
    And fluttering coloured signs and clambering crews.

And he, in fear, this naked man alone,
    His fallen hands forgetting all their shells,
    His lips gone pale, knelt low behind a stone,
    And stared, and saw, and did not understand,
    Columbus's doom-burdened caravels
    Slant to the shore, and all their seaman land.

* Indian, of course, means Native American. This sonnet is about 90 years old.

1. Teresa McGurk profile image60
      Teresa McGurkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

wow - that's bloody good, innit?

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

One of his best smile

3. dranjesh profile image39
    dranjeshposted 15 years ago

Dear all,
    I would like to ask... what is going to be the conclusion of these discussions?

The Question started with ' is it really true that God exist ' but we kept on diverting and after a long long period, still the question remains unanswered.

Here again I would like to mention is some of the things can not be understood in words like that of the taste... one needs to act and experience...

I would like to insist you all to try out a small subtle experiment.. (I am aware that I am again placing a link in this forum) and this will help us to find out our capacity to know the subtle ..

<snipped link - do not post for sole purpose of self-promotion or link to your own site - this is your third warning!>

Hope to find some good results smile and am sure this will be interesting to all of us too...

regards

4. profile image57
    Indian ladyposted 15 years ago

Even if God exists why he or she had created us? What was his or her purpose? When he did bot create us what was he or she doing? What will he or she do after extinction of the universe he or she created?
    These are very relevant question to me and many of my friends and perhaps for you too.
    Indian Lady

5. profile image54
    Motherhood Trialsposted 15 years ago

God has created us in his likeness in the manner of which we have a spirit,soul,and free will. He created us because He wants to be gloryfied and honored . This is why as christians we are called to worship Him and praise him. Just as an earthly father wants to be honored by his children our Heavenly Father wants His children to honor Him. AS for the end of the world,..The Bible tells us that the dead in Christ shall rise first to meet Him and this will become the true begining of the Everlasting Life that He has promised us through his Son Jesus Christ. The begining of Judgement Day and the begining of eternity. At which point, it seems to me..None of us are going to be to concerned about earth any longer. I hope this has helped you to some degree,however I would like for you to speak with a Paster about your questions as well. Also the Bible holds these answers for you as well. And salvation comes through faith and faith is believing without seeing.And your faith will increase by reading the Word of God.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

\

What a pissy little insecure god you have. Worship me, or I'll wipe you out. A sensible five year old is not that insecure!

6. skydiver profile image60
    skydiverposted 15 years ago

There is no god, just me, myself and I. Oh, and the rest of you tongue

7. profile image54
    Motherhood Trialsposted 15 years ago

Dear Earnest , I think your response was almost rude enough to deserve no reply. It is not only incorrect but also a direct attack on my faith and beliefs which I expressed kindly as a reply to what seemed to be a sencere question . I will not ask or begg you to believe as I do, you are informed and that is all I am required to do. Of course I will pray for you to as I often ask God to be with all unbelievers so they may have the opertunity to know Him to. This does not offend me. Your kind are a dime a dozen. I also will not entertain you with A bunch of words to read that you have the same access to as I have. However I will say this , Your comment is incorrect because aside from being rude, its only point is that God(not god) is insecure.If this were so ,we would have no free will. We would have been like robots only here to serve Him and as He directs. There would be no other choice. Instead He gives us all a free will. This is why there is good and evil, right and wrong, kind and cruel, polite and rude! I hope the next time you respond to someone your words will make your mother proud and not bring her shame,for something tells me you were once taught better than you now represent her hard work. I would also like to think that whoever did your parenting on manners and speaking with respect about God or to women (either one)Would be proud to know that when you must lash out the way you do,atleast there is some relevance in your speaking. In closing,I would like to remind you that 5 year olds also speak out of context and say neg. or mean things soley for the purpose of drawing attention to themselves because they have yet to learn a better way of getting the attention they truely are in search of. Please keep this in mind befor your next comments are expressed so cruely. Thank-you and God Bless you .

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if you realize just how patronizing you sound?

I notice that you are blaming your condescending words on your god rather than admitting that you are responsible.

Your kind are a dime a dozen? Did your mother bring you up to be such a patronizing person? Or was that your invisible friend's fault? lol

And you wonder why you are despised..........

Golly gosh, what a pathetic, insecure god you have that needs to be worshipped. Or else. lol

8. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 15 years ago

Yes I saw him last week and he said we have not looked after his planet, so he is evicting us and wants us out within 52 days (which is pretty fair notice)
    God also said he is disappointed at the good tv shows that get cancelled and is appalled at the crap ones still alive on the networks.

God also told me to not read the bible, as it was a storybook that got lost after he tried to read a bedtime story to his son muhamed, but then god realised his beard was too long.....blah blah blah!!!

9. indian cooking profile image62
    indian cookingposted 15 years ago

Is it much more logical to think that God exists and he created the Universe than believing that everything comes from nothing?

1. waynet profile image67
      waynetposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I like the big bang theory...just something in the words!!

10. accofranco profile image78
    accofrancoposted 14 years ago

...if then you are asked, what is the name of that "natural power", what would you call it? I like to know please? I love all your opinion.

earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

dog, or anything but god.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nature. wink

1. mohitmisra profile image61
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Something beyond the human comprehension. Nature or God.  smile

2. accofranco profile image78
        accofrancoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would love to know the origin of that nature and how come its existence and goal to put this Earth and every other thing in place.What was its motive of doing this? I want to know. Thanks.

You are imagining things that do not exist.

Goals? Motives? How come its existence? These are human ideas. We pretend we know the answer by saying a god did it. And now you are attempting to give nature the same personality. Why?

11. David Bowman profile image61
    David Bowmanposted 14 years ago

Actually the big bang theory doesn't state that everything came from nothing. The universe has probably always existed in one form or another. Its current state began approx. 14 billion years ago yes, but that was not the "beginning of everything." Something coming from nothing would actually be a violation of the conservation laws of mass/energy. We may live in a much larger multiverse where perhaps trillions or even an infinite number of other universes with different laws of physics co-exist with the one that we are in.

Is it more logical to believe in an eternally existing super intelligence that did not need a creator, a being that just "was"; or, in an eternally existing cosmos where some universes can, on occasion, produce intelligent lifeforms that would muse about how they came to exist and invent fanciful stories about universe creating superbeings to explian it?

God would need an even bigger explanation than the one that he is supposed to provide for our existence. It's just answering a mystery with a mystery. Saying that the universe could not have always existed and then saying that god has always existed is a case of "special pleading."

12. AgingtoPerfection profile image61
    AgingtoPerfectionposted 14 years ago

Most of your responses on here are nothing but the human mind trying to figure out a spiritual answer.

No one can know God unless you are "born of the Spirit" for that which is flesh is flesh and that which is spirit is spirit.  Of course, you can't comprehend the magnitude of what the Lord created, because you are coming from the limitations of the human mind and according to the Bible, "the prince of the power of the air (Satan) controls the minds of those who reject the Lord.

We don't come to know the Lord through the mind, but through the heart, as He draw us to Himself.  After we are "born again" He opens up our mind to hear, understand and live His truth.  It does not come before then. We can only speculate with limited undestanding, and that is what most of you are doing in giving your responses.  Sorry, you don't want to hear this, but it's very clear to those of us who know Him.  And it could be for you as well, IF ONLY!!!!

But He also says we are "without excuse" to reject Him, for His creation declares His glory.

The sad part is that if you reject the only means to know the Lord, then you fall into the enemy's camp, for the "prince of the power of the air" has you deceived.

Most people refuse to look through the Bible, and yet the Bible has every answer to every problem, but it must be read with the mind of Christ as he comes into your heart and transforms or renews your mind to understand Him and His truth.  There is absolute truth and that's receiving His gift of life (Jesus Himself), and receiving His wisdom so that you can know that you know that you know.

Rubbish. I reject both of them as imaginary.

I agree the wind is alive with the essence of god. smile

13. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Ramen smile

14. AgingtoPerfection profile image61

I guess you've just proved my point.  Most people that totally reject the Lord have some reason -- some hurt, some bitterness that your mind perceived as hurtful and then it lodged in your heart, and that's very sad.  If you continue to reject the Lord, then you've rejected the only means to know truth and also healing, which it seems, Mark, you need.

Calling God's ways "rubbish" is a very sad commentary,and a very dangerous place to be at, as Satan has you right where he wants you.

Well, your condescending attitude aside, that argument is easily turned around on you.

Unhappy, directionless people invariably need some sort of crutch to pretend they are more important than they are.

The only point we have proved is that your beliefs are rubbish.

Which is very sad - I pity you. Perhaps you should explore the one true god instead of wasting your time trying to lay the christian guilt trip on everyone.

Ramen.

15. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Mark does not reject the Lord - but his Lord is very different from yours - Mark is a pastafarian.

16. AgingtoPerfection profile image61

This will be my last post on this discussion, for there is no point in trying to convince anyone of anything (and it's not my place anyway, for if the Lord wants you, He will find you in his timing and His way), and I know the truth because He showed me and countless other people, including some prettty "shady characters," but then again, we all are until we know Him.  There are none righteous, no not one!  But, knowing Him gives us His righteousness. 

By the way, Misha, what is a pastafarian?  Never head of this one.  Are you a Christian, Misha?

There is ONLY one Lord and a whole lot of false gods which present a feel good gospel, which is no gospel at all.

17. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

No ATR, I am not a Christian. And yes, there is ONLY one TRUE Lord - Flying Spaghetti Monster, and only his followers - pastafarians will be saved! http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Church-Of-T … ti-Monster

18. profile image0
    nazishnasimposted 14 years ago

A really smart writer once said, "God is not only a wizard but he is also a master of concealment"; he is not dumb enough to display his presence on top of every tree and under each stone. He doesnot approve of subtle appearences, and why is that? Ofcourse, that's because he is 'God'. I personally believe that he wants to have a 'Majestic Showdown' on a particular appointed day in the future.

As for the choice of religion, Monotheistic religions attract me the most for the albeit and simple logic that existence of more than one God is against the 'basic survival instinct'; no omnipotent entity can bear the existence of another omnipotent being - the result would be only chaos and ultimate destruction of not only the universe but also of whatever exists beyond it.

Nice.

God is here in a disguise for me,
      The faster I realize the better things shall be.

We are constantly fighting like cats and dogs,
      Reality is covered by some strange fog. smile

Yeh two psychotic entities vying for supremacy would be very destructive. Fortunately no such entity exists.

Correct there are no two such super entities there is only One
          which is called Shiva, Ahura Maxda, Buddha,Bhrahma, Jevovah, The Holy Spirit, Allah, God etc.

Thank you.

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)