jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Strange Logic?

1. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 2 years ago

Recently,  a friend was visiting a relative in the country. He hit and rather severely injured a goat on the periphery of the village, a little away from the host's house. It turned out that it was the same that had been earmarked  for the feast that was to take place later in the day. My friend insisted that the goat be healed and another goat be butchered in its place. He was not feeling guilty either. Anyone would think it is strange logic. The goat was going to die anyway in an hour or so.  How do you see this?
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12291604.jpg

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image81
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

It seems like the desire to heal the goat was based on knee jerk emotionalism.  Your friend's thinking was not not based on logic. Your thinking is based on common sense logic. His emotionalism was based on confusion, compassion, sympathy and dare I say it, love. You say guilt was not involved… but somewhere in the depths of his mind, I surmise that love was involved.
    ...and I guess it just wasn't this goat's time to go. It was not his destiny to go to that feast, earmarked or not!
    Me? I would have quickly put the goat out of its misery, (since he was earmarked to be eaten anyway.) Poor thing.

What was the goat's name?
    I hope you can let us know how the goat is doing.

Unless he has been eaten already. yikes!

1. thirdmillenium profile image61
      thirdmilleniumposted 2 years agoin reply to this

This happened only a week ago. The goat is doing alright. No idea of his name. Of course, he will end up in multiple stomachs sooner or later!

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image81
        Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years agoin reply to this

- the goat might have had a higher awareness than most goats and his life, as far as his spiritual evolution, was important. Even animals progress in awareness life-time after life-time. My understanding from reading the Bhagavad Gita is that it is important for us to take good care of our pets.

working