jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Can Science prove there is God

1. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 8 years ago

Can Science prove there is God

2. Jen's Solitude profile image87
    Jen's Solitudeposted 8 years ago

Yes it can. A close look at creation reveals design, order, wisdom, love and power.

The God of the Bible inspired this scripture at Romans 1:20, "For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world's creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable"

According to this scripture, we should be able to look at creation or use the knowledge gained in the field of science to establish the existence of an eternal power, a God., but not just his existence, should be evident, his qualities should be clearly seen as well. 

Science does just that in my opinion.

3. Benz B profile image61
    Benz Bposted 8 years ago

Yes.  Science and Religion have always gone hand in hand.  You can't have one without the other.  When you remove religion and try to substitute it with more science the data always comes back inconclusive.

4. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 8 years ago

Yes Science can prove there is God.
    Science says:
    Cold cannot be measured, because only Heat can be measured, therefore Cold is the absence of Heat.

Darkness cannot be measured, because only Light can be measured therefore Darkness is the absence of Light.

Its the same with God
    Evil cannot be measured, But Holiness can, therefore Evil is the absence of Holiness.

A lie cannot be measured, but the Truth can, Therefore a lie is the absence of Truth.

So believing in Jesus is believing the Truth which brings you into the Light.and this makes you Holy in Gods sight and he will find no darkness or evil in you. Thats why Jesus has replaced Mankind with himself, and its your choice to believe him.

5. surfgatinho profile image81
    surfgatinhoposted 8 years ago

No

If there is a God of the kind that the OP believes then he would be great enough to make it impossible to prove his existence by science.
    After all Christianity would be worthless if it was not for Faith - with proof you cannot have faith!

6. Heym0mxtwo profile image51
    Heym0mxtwoposted 8 years ago

For the logical population, one would hope so. But honestly? It's not about God. It's about faith. If I thought the salt in my cabinet would protect me from evil, and I had faith in that, I could find a million times that I was saved by my salt.

7. yes2truth profile image61
    yes2truthposted 8 years ago

Yes science can prove there is a God, but whether or not they would understand that it is God once they had proven His existence or discovered Him is another matter entirely. Most likely they would deny it for fear of ridicule.

The Truth is that God is all around them within the creation. He's right in front of their noses, just as the Lord Jesus Christ as The Truth was right in front of Pilate's nose when he said: "What is Truth?"

QED as they say.

In answer to John Knowles comment:

"Especially as you guys are always arguing against the scientific knowledge we have gained."

Don't you mean the arrogance that you have gained, for once upon a time you people used to always add the rider "As far as we know it's......." Thereby always leaving new learning and most likely a correction to be added. Nowadays that rider is never used such is their egotistic vanity.

8. xLMTPx profile image51
    xLMTPxposted 8 years ago

I thought Science could never prove religion? Where is everybody getting the information that Science and Religion go hand in hand? Religion = Faith. Science = Hypothesis and Testings to find proof. How can faith be proven by science? Faith is something we believe in, right?

Closed to reply

working