jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

what is the oldest recorded religion?

1. profile image42
    dragongoddess71posted 8 years ago

what is the oldest recorded religion?

is there a religion that all others spawn from?

2. RGraf profile image92
    RGrafposted 8 years ago

What is the oldest religion? You want to know what the oldest religion is? That seems like it ought to be a very black and white question. Should be easy to answer. But upon researching this, I discovered that it is far from easy. read more

3. It's just me profile image62
    It's just meposted 8 years ago

Oldest recorded religion - Shamanism was recorded with cave paintings and there are some tribal peoples that still practice forms of shamanisn today.

As far as a particular religion that ALL others spawn from I don't believe so.

Religions develop by people and their own needs and experiences.

4. rcisophie profile image54
    rcisophieposted 8 years ago

If we think that the religious feeling, that first of all means (from latin religare) to reconnect, to stablish connection between... the human kind probably had this feeling almost since the beginning. So we find different ways of expressing it all over the globe and to have a comom point is so impossible. All of them resulted from the relation that man had of itself and the place he was living.
    But it seems that the oldest recorded religion, writed, can be found in India - The Vedas are probably the oldest sacred texts in the world.

working