jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

what does it mean to be held down, paralyzed, and hear voices at the same time

1. profile image49
    kristalgkagposted 8 years ago

what does it mean to be held down, paralyzed, and hear voices at the same time

2. Old Gregg 81 profile image50
    Old Gregg 81posted 8 years ago

This is a common sleep disorder. when you sleep your mind should semi paralize your body,the moment you fall asleep,to stop you acting out your dreams. sometimes your brain paralizes your muscles before you get into a deep sleep, giving the illusion that you are being held down,and the voices you hear are probably from the dream you were having whilst still semi awake. Some people also experiance a dark shaddow sitting on their chest,this is also part of this dissorder if it happens frequently consult your GP

3. Sara Tonyn profile image58
    Sara Tonynposted 8 years ago

I think Gregg is right. It sounds like a classic case of sleep paralysis. Here's a link to one of many websites on the subject:

4. HowToHypnotise profile image56
    HowToHypnotiseposted 8 years ago

Sleep paralysis can be a very frightening experience if you've never had it before. It normally occurs on 'waking' ... and as has already been mentioned .. the 'muscle paralysis' circuit hasn't quite turned off ... and you are still half dreaming.

If, however, one has experienced this while awake ... hmmmm ... I would suggest that person might want to go and have a checkup (seriously). Hearing voices is not a good sign in this context.

All the best

5. Lady Summerset profile image80
    Lady Summersetposted 8 years ago

This is a demonic espisode that has been experienced by many people around the world.  The voices are coming from disembodied spirits that bring an opressive force/presence.  Often people will report that they cannot speak, move, or touch the person next to them, if there in bed with some one else.

What I've taught my children over the years is to call on the Name of Jesus.  Even if it isn't audible to you, because you are in a spiritual battle the angels of the Lord will come to your rescue.

Know that the spirit of the Lord will encamp around about those who love Him!

Live Well, Live Blessed!