jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Answer this interesting questions... “We often judge of what must be good for

1. profile image43
    chiechiecheistposted 8 years ago

Answer this interesting questions...

“We often judge of what must be good for other

1.) Can you give your opinions about this quote?

“We often judge of what must be good for others but seldom do of what must be good for ourselves!”

2.) Label yourself! Are you an atheist, theist, agnostic, pantheist, deist, or a combination,etc.??

Label yourself with the following:
    a.) atheist
    b.) theist
    c.) agnostic
    d.) pantheist
    e.) deist
    f.) others (specify)

Why?
    And what or who is GOD for you?
    What are your beliefs??

Give your own opinions about the clash of beliefs (religions, philosophy, principles, etc.)...

2. Orygyn profile image59
    Orygynposted 7 years ago

Well I'll answer it if no-one else will.

1. I'm not sure how true that is of others. It's true of me to some extent but I am pretty lazy.
    2. Agnostic Atheist (i.e. I don't KNOW god exists, but the lack of evidence leads me to believe there isn't one). For me, the concept of a god defies what we currently know about reality, and much of what some gods are claimed to have done defies the known physical laws of the universe.

The clash, I think, comes from the zealot types wanting to enforce their beliefs on others when they have little to nothing of any substance to offer them. Also when religiously motivated laws prevent them from doing certain things (i.e. buying alcohol on Sundays, drugs, abortions etc.).

3. Alex Kolesnikoff profile image57
    Alex Kolesnikoffposted 6 years ago

Hi. I am a theist. I think that if the primary mover of all moves you to do things then it would be morally wrong to keep silence and not to move.(Matthew 28:16-20) That explains all the arguments between a.) atheists b.) theists c.) agnostics d.) pantheists e.) deists and f.) others

4. samnashy profile image80
    samnashyposted 5 years ago

I don't believe that anyone does not judge.  Even when we look at someone we make judgments, good or bad.  I challenge anyone to get through a day without judging.
    Do my beliefs clash with my religion?  Yes, when I'm grumpy, angry and irritated then everything I think and say goes completely against what I believe.

working