My name is Nick and I'm really, really excited to join Hubpages. I've got a load of questions, many of which I was able to answer browsing the net or this forum. Others I hope you might help me with
1. I heard that the earnings distribution is 60/40 (60% for us, 40% for team hubpage). Is that only true for adds or also for affiliate earnings (i.e. amazon or ebay)? I heard somewhere that affiliate earnings are 100% ours.
2. How many affiliate links are we allowed to add to a hub?
3. How many self serving links are we allowed to have?
4. What is the minimum pay out?
5. Does Hubpages only use google adsense or also some other add networks?
6. What are the minimum number of words for a hub?
7. How long does it typically take for an article to get approved?
8. Do I need a paypal account?
9. Do I need google adsense, amazon affiliate program, ebay affiliate program?
10. How long does it take to get preapproval, i.e. be able to write and publish articles without reviews?
11. And this is probably the MOST IMPORTANT one. If I write something, am I still the owner
of the content, or does ownership go over to hubpages once the article is published?
I am really, really grateful for any input on these matters. Thank you so much,
1. Yes it is true if you join the HP Amazon program. If you join the Amazon program directly you will get 100% comission but start on the lowest tier.
2. Two links to any one site except flickr, wikipedia, etc. No clickbank links allowed.
5. Google and others
6. No minium but 500 is a good starting point.
7. 24 hours
8. Yes (to get paid).
9. To earn money you need all three.
10. All articles must be approved no matter how long you have been here.
11. Yes you retain the ownership.
Click on the word "help" in the top right corner of your screen. Read the HP FAQ. The answer to these questions, and more, are all here, and in detail.
If you read through all of these answers, and follow the suggestions, you will do fine here.
Welcome to HP, a good community for global writers in English. My advice is first you concentrate on writing alone and try to get maximum reach, I mean hits. Money will eventually follow. All the best.
by Cls13218 years ago
I have been considering lately hitting the hubpages affiliates program pretty hard. It seems like it could be a GREAT source of income if you get several hundred affiliates and earn 10% from each one of them. the only...
by Paul Deeds8 years ago
We're all set, folks. Please follow our step-by-step guide to sign up for an eBay Partner Network account (we think it's easier than it was for Commission Junction, and far quicker). Please note that your eBay...
by James Bowden6 years ago
What do you think about the idea of having wills set aside for each and every writer here on the hubpages platform? I've had this discussion in the past with another hubber within the community and we thought that it...
by Paul Edmondson3 years ago
We are going to increase Amazon earnings for most of you! Amazon is becoming part of the HP Earnings program. In early November folks will have the opportunity to switch to get paid their Amazon earnings...
by Satori7 years ago
Authoring Hubs is about sharing and spreading ideas. Most of what we do is word-based, and a capsule to show off related Zazzle stuff would be an eye-catching way to allow readers interested in those ideas to buy...
by Joe Young3 years ago
On browsing the forum, I have become aware that we can't earn on HubPages without AdSense. This is a grim realization for me.I have 29 featured hubs that are generally considered to be of reasonable quality. I applied...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.