jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I want to write a blog about Science Vs Religion but can't get any starting poin

1. Hujiki profile image57
    Hujikiposted 8 years ago

I want to write a blog about Science Vs Religion but can't get any starting points so i though to se

2. pippap profile image87
    pippapposted 8 years ago

My favourite point to ponder in the Science vs Religion debate is this:

You are handed a Rolex watch and told this story.  This watch was made by putting all the parts in a paper bag and shaking until everything fitted together and the fully-functioning Rolex was the result.  Would you believe that random shakings of a parts-filled paper bag could result in a Rolex?  Probably not.

Does it make any more sense to believe that an entire universe in full working order developed from bits of gas, ooze, slime, lightening and other matter that somehow all come together and produced life?

The universe is a much more complicated creation than a Rolex.  If the theory does not work for the Rolex, I say it does not work for the universe.

3. profile image0
    Courtney Brewerposted 8 years ago

wow that sounds really great maybe all of us science vs religion seekers should compel our writings and make it into a book, check out my hub about it !!!

4. mintinfo profile image74
    mintinfoposted 8 years ago

I believe in facts and theoretical concepts driven by logic. No you cannot put bits of metal in a bag and shake it until it forms a Rolex watch but since we can prove that man has existed on this planet for more that 6k years it puts the chronicles of creation into doubt. Most of us cannot figure the concept of 2000 yrs into our imaginations. Now imagine that 12000 yrs ago they were building pyramids in Egypt. How can we even begin to understand 50 million yrs back. Open your minds.